Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition  (Read 5041 times)

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2014, 08:39:43 AM »
5 lbs. in a month is terrific. Give yourself many gold stars and whatever is most enticing in the food department. For me it is a choc. frosty at Wendy's or a handful (or more, ha ha) of choc. covered nuts.

Then we start all over again. Never guilt, never punishment, just cheery "onward."
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2014, 09:44:17 PM »
TY Tinam

I took your advice today. Since I met my goal yesterday, today was my cheat/reward day, which was convenient since I had to go to Seaside Oregon today to drop off a board and buy some fins, so I was able to enjoy some of the fast food establishments there.

Tomorrow, I begin work on the next 5 pound goal  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
I'm working on being happy with what I can do, rather than sad for what I cannot do

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2014, 05:25:06 PM »
I wish I actually lost weight surfing instead of ganing weight, but somehow I gain weight surfing.

It's counter-intuitive, but the more I surf, the more weight I gain. I'm trying not to eat as much as I normally do after surfing, but I ate a good amount of food and I'm still hungry.
Bookmark and Share
I'm working on being happy with what I can do, rather than sad for what I cannot do

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2014, 08:32:27 AM »
Sure can understand how upsetting this can be. Maybe surfing is too big a calorie burner so that you then end up eating more than normally and it is still not enough to be satisfying.

The key is not to get discouraged. Try and keep a daily record of what you eat to see where you maybe can cut back. Maybe skip surfing for a while. I give myself a 5 lb. safe zone. If I go over, I must cut back but never give in. We keep at it. A new day, a new possibility.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2014, 11:51:21 AM »
Thanks for the advice Tinam!

It's weird when I exercise in the gym it suppresses my appetite for several hours. However, immediatly after I surf, I'm famished. I think it's because of the cold water IDK...

But one of the primary reasons I'm working so hard to lose weight is to surf better. I think I'm going to do with surfing what I do when I feel like binging at night. I'm going to eat something high in protein and low in fat and carbs like cottage cheese first before I eat anything else.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2014, 12:05:24 PM »
What are some foods you guys like???

I love cottage cheese with chives. Each container has 14 grams of protein per serving with 2.5 grams of fat and 5 grams of carbs per serving and there are four servings per container and each container is about $2.65. So you get 68 grams of protein per container, 10 grams of fat, 20 grams of carbs for $2.65 and you also get some vegetables in the mix in the form of chives.

...But how does it taste, actually not bad, the chives make the cottage cheese delicious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2014, 08:08:52 AM »
I guess others are maintaining the desired weight. Mine is always ready to sneak up on me. Cottage cheese with chives sounds very good. I eat cottage cheese every day.

But my big pleasure is soup, just about any kind. Like to be creative with it and can eat to my heart's delight. Tell myself this is OK, not sure whether this is true or not.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2014, 05:56:16 PM »
Soup is great! You can eat lean meats in soup and they taste great, not to mention all the vegetables you can put in soup!
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2014, 08:46:16 AM »
Soup, magnificent soup. Of course there can be added meat or chicken, shrimp or even fish (Gumbo?). How about fabulous grains such as barley, lentils, split peas, quinoa, beans, rice, potatoes, etc. We can make them from scratch or use a can as a base and build on it. They can be as thin or thick as we want. It can be very creative. The heck with counting calories, ha ha. It is all fantastic.

Here is my other thought. We never get enough liquid, is what I think. This way we do. It is work, but usually covers more than one day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2014, 06:24:58 PM »
I forgot to mention the liquid you can get in soup!

I really need to learn how to make split pea soup.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2014, 08:14:58 AM »
You might try looking up recipes or get some cookbooks from the library. My soups start out with garlic (can be onion), celery, carrots, parsley, sometimes dill, oregano, thyme, basil, whatever you like, sauteed in a little olive oil. Add the dried split peas. Add can of broth or water and bouillon. Can add cut up, par cooked potato, or small pasta, as you prefer. Believe there are cans of split pea soup you can use as a starter and add vegetables.

Today I'm looking forward to Ramen with added vegetables, maybe grilled chicken strips, peas and carrots, cauliflower, etc. The seasoning is in a separate packet so we can use as much or little as we like. Should be swell. I'll gorge but if I can skip the chocolate, the scale won't object. :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2014, 06:59:47 PM »
Well I had what I had planned on having for my cheat day if I lost 5 pounds this month, a nacho taco at Jack in the Box! It was so delicious! Nacho cheese, Jalapenos, some kind of unidentified mystery meat concoction.

I worked out this morning and I only had one taco so it's not as bad as it could be-lol.

But I'm currently 8 pounds away from my weightloss goal this month. Therefore I have 25 days to lose 8 pounds. Does anyone have any tips???
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2014, 06:30:09 PM »
I figured out a reward for meeting my weightloss goal this month that doesn't involve food and it is much more meaningful anyway.

So I'm super motivated to meet my goal this month.

:happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2014, 08:20:04 AM »
Figuring out rewards without a trip to Dairy Queen can be a challenge. Wishing you much success. I'm thinking of getting a new scale.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2014, 04:27:27 PM »
I'm not losing weight this month like I lost weight the last several month, so I'm going back to what worked before: I'm eating small nutritious meals throughout the day, rather than not eating much during the day and binging at night.

If I wait to eat at night, I can't stop myself from gorging.
Bookmark and Share