Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: It was only a matter of time! ms fears  (Read 335 times)

Offline tasha 87

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
It was only a matter of time! ms fears
« on: March 10, 2013, 09:28:12 AM »
I was doing so well and here i am again.

Why do I keep repeating these negative thoughts? A few weeks ago it was a brain tumour,  had a clean ct scan, now its MS. Oh yes, how did I not realise all along, ms of course! Mirrors my symptoms perfectly...

Headaches have more or less gone... now its hand tremors shakiness and twitching. And of course the tingling on my left side, started on my leg, now it has progressed to my arm and hands. Also my hand cracks a lot when I clench my fist etc and is quite uncomfortable almost like arthritis,  but im 25..!

I am trying to be reasonable and not play up to it. I went out last night had a few glasses of wine and it more or less dissappeared. Don't know what that says really. ..

I am so sick of this!  Im having my 4th cbt session this week, I really hope I start seeing benefits soon.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Catesykes

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Scared!
    • Poke This Member
Re: It was only a matter of time! ms fears
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 09:37:35 AM »
I totally understand. I was scared I had a brain tumour or MS. Then ALS now back to MS. I have a weak trembly feeling in my arms and muscle twitching that's been all over buy now mostly in arms and fingers. Even when I think I'm calm but I guess even when calm the body is still hyped up and takes time to totally unwind. All your symptoms are classic anxiety. Just wish I could take my own advice!
Bookmark and Share

Offline tasha 87

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 10:13:01 AM »
Sorry to hear you're going through this too, its so annoying!

I wish we could take our own advice sometimes, we are our own worst enemies.

Mine tends to come and go through out the day, and I must admit I find the more I think about it the worse it gets   ::)

Hope you get some relief soon x
Bookmark and Share

Offline Poptart77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 10:45:23 AM »
I feel your pain every time i have a headache that's really bad i assume i have a tumor or something. I get like this over everything now it could be the littlest thing that is completely normal or harmless and it drives me crazy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AMRR

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 11:20:08 PM »
I understand your pain! about 2 weeks ago I was convinced that I had ms. All my symptoms matched and I started freaking out.

I figured out that a lot of MS symptoms are just general symptoms such as headaches and tingling. These are also symptoms of anxiety!

If the symptoms went away after some wine then they are probably just your HA. also MS does not just happen suddenly, it is normally a process of these symptoms progressively getting worse over months if not years.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tasha 87

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 02:07:34 AM »
I know, its ridiculous how we turn everything into something catastrophic.

Im starting to lose the battle with these symptoms now :(

Hope you start to feel better soon poptart!
Bookmark and Share

Offline pb

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 03:08:48 PM »
I have a good friend with ms and the funny thing is she doesnt even worry about it. I was working with her when she was diagnosed. She had a large black spot in her vision, went to eye dr and he saw something, got mri and was diagnosed. She lives a very full life and no one would ever know.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tasha 87

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 07:51:39 PM »
Thanks for your replies.
Pb, great to hear your friend has a positive outlook, seems like ms is not always the death sentence we make it out to be, most ppl seem to live normal lives.

I have figured out my leg pain is worse when I sit down for long periods of time (I work in an office). When i get up I have a shooting pain radiating from my left buttock down my thigh that drastically improves within an hour or two of moving. I still feel the odd tingle too. I also get mild muscle cramps in my foot  sometimes, but thats mainly my right side  :goofy:

Hand stiffness is still there,  withmy joints popping and cracking when I open or close my hand. Not all the time either though. Same goes for the tremors, they are worse when I am under pressure or feel anxious.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: