Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: do i have ocd  (Read 193 times)

Offline sharon75

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
do i have ocd
« on: March 09, 2013, 05:35:12 AM »
hi all,

i got diagnosed with social anxiety a couple of years ago, but had it for a lot longer.  After reading some things about intrusive thoughts, im thinking do i have ocd.

I have intrusive thoughts all the time, i try to ignore them but to be honest they scare me, i dont do anything about them and dont have any rituals, i usually just think to myself that i am crazy and the only reason other people dont realise it is because they dont know what goes through my head lol. 

I did speak to the doctor about thinking i was crazy, as i used to think this all the time.  His response was that i wasnt crazy, simply because i was asking that question.  Apparently if ur crazy, u dont know it  :spineyes: 

I havent told the doc about the intrusive thoughts, (well except once when i thought i might stab my child??? that totally freaked me out and i went straight to the doc, she just said it was due to the awful stress i had recently encountered and that it was understandable, i wasnt to worry about it but go back if it continued to trouble me,  i didnt get the thoughts after speaking to the doc)  ironically the reason i havent went back about other thoughts is because it might confirm i am crazy, which is kinda funny.  I am locked in my head thinking am i crazy or am i not.  Generally my intrusive thoughts are about hurting people.  The funny thing is that i cant even kill a fly??  I hate violence and am afraid of confrontation.  Its all just weird.

I am afraid that if i tell someone about these thoughts then ppl will think im a bad person and i will lose all my friends, family, job etc.... so i know i will never tell anyone, except on here.

I dont have any rituals that i do that i am aware of, usually if im to stressed, i use avoidance and go to sleep.  I could sleep forever. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Yagami

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: do i have ocd
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 01:15:33 PM »
Hi there !

What you are describing there about hurting people is kind of a common OCD theme , You are not crazy and I'm sure that you wont hurt anyone , They are just thoughts and people with OCD who have these kind of thoughts are often so anxious and they never act on them.so I dont think you need to worry about that. Try to look at these thoughts as a stranger or as something that is caused by a disorder you have. You are not a bad person Im sure and these thoughts don't represent you.

Good luck with your problem.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sharon75

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: do i have ocd
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 02:37:38 PM »
Thanks Yagami,

these thoughts have stopped me doing a lot of things and sometimes make me feel like i am a bad person, im gonna read more and defo take your advice and just tell myself its anxiety.  The more i read the better i feel so hopefully can learn to enjoy my life soon as at the moment its a bit of a struggle.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything