Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Afraid this may cost me my job, PLEASE HELP  (Read 547 times)

Offline vanilla1969

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Afraid this may cost me my job, PLEASE HELP
« on: March 07, 2013, 07:40:51 AM »
Been dealing with major panic and anxiety, not on any anti deppressants. Currently I have used 7 of my personal time off days cause somedays the anxiety is so bad that I don't get any sleep or I can't function at work. What medicines AD's seem to work best with anxiety or panic? Just need some insight here before I lose my job then I will really be in a pickle cause I'm a single mother. Please help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Fable8

• Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Afraid this may cost me my job, PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 03:37:29 PM »
Have you seen a psychiatrist? I have ben deeling with panic disorder and anxiety for about 6 months and have had to stop going to school because they got so bad now I have ben put on mirtazapine 30mg an anti depressant to take at night before bed because it makes you sleepy so my sleeping is back to normal and during the day i take ativan .5mg twice daily until the mirtazapine kicks in but until then the ativan has helped me to get threw the day so it might help you while your at work because it doesnt make you that sleepy and it calms you down within 10-20 min and works for about 6 hours or it may help with your anxiety until whatever anti depressant you are put on starts to work but i would go to psychiatrist and tell him/her what you are feeling and they will find the best match for your situation so yea
Bookmark and Share

Offline vanilla1969

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:43:25 PM »
Yes I have on he prescribed mirtazapine as well cause I was afraid if I took it and didn't sleep like I was suppose to that may mean something is really wrong with me (I suffer from HA too) so to me this anxiety is something sinister. I've mostly worried about cancer and other things bit now I'm worried about the anxiety itself.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Fable8

• Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 10:45:35 PM »
I downloaded an app from the apple app store its free i looked up anxiety and its a logo of a happy face with panic? Under it it has really helped me understand panic attacks and the feelings of intense anxiety by explaining that the flight or fight response is ment to keep us alive and it just really breaks down what happens when we get anxiuse feelings and that everything that we are feeling while anxious is normal and explains that whatever happens its ok it cant hurt you its not supposed to hurt you its supposed to make it so we can survive and its ben the only thing that has really helped me feel calm or at ease besides the temporary relief from the ativan so maybe it will work for you to
Bookmark and Share

Offline vanilla1969

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 11:58:22 PM »
I have a droid but I will see if they have it, thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline alicat22

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 09:24:57 PM »
Sometimes getting a good night sleep makes all the difference in being able to handle the daytime (kids, work, etc). When I am in full swing anxiety mode I take a xanax (.25mg-a very small dose) and it takes the edge off and helps to relax me to go to sleep. I'm not sure if it is still in my system for the next day or if I just feel better because I slept all night. When I begin to not feel as anxious I do stop taking it, but it helps to "normalize" me during periods of when I am having trouble. I took an AD once and I felt terrible on it and you have to take it every day.  With the Xanax I can take it as needed. I'm not a single mom, but my family depends on my job, and I feel pressure when I am in a bout of anxiety and worry about what would happen if I couldn't make it to work. Sometimes I just feel like it would be easier to stop fighting it and give up (it's soooo tiring!) BUT...we have to do our best and keep on. (and the xanax is a help) Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline allyssiaogden

• Just Joined!
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 04:12:06 AM »
I totally understand my issues are in the process of costing my husband life can be overwhelming take a moment to breath, eat and look at the situation
W best regards
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pippy187

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 08:12:58 PM »
I hope all is well with you in your situation... I found it hard to work with HA and GAD. I work as a paramedic.... somedays are horrid, such as today where I feel like impending doom... My therapist has been wonderful help for me.  Keep strong you will get past this!
Bookmark and Share
He who fears death cannot enjoy life

My anxiety blog: http://pippy187.wordpress.com/

Tags: