Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: systemic candidiasis  (Read 263 times)

Offline sassparella

• Queen of Health Anxiety
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
systemic candidiasis
« on: March 07, 2013, 03:20:19 AM »
So after a course of antibiotics that I had to take recently, I have developed thrush (sorry TMI). I've got some treatment for having looked up the symptoms on google (yes I know I shouldn't google, but I thought symptoms of a yeast infection would be harmless) anyhoo I found out that systemic candidiasis can be fatal and am worried that the thrush is going to spread. The back of my tongue feels dry and weird so I'm already worried I have oral thrush and that it's spreading through my system. I haven't googled any more as soon as I saw the info on it being fatal I closed my browser, so I don't know how common it is but I'm terrified now that my system is full of yeast :(

This is the last thing I need on top of my problems with my periods it seems like it's one thing on top of another.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sassparella

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: systemic candidiasis
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 04:22:57 AM »
Reading this back later I realise that this is pure HA, though it doesn't get rid of the worry, but I realise that it is a huge 'what if' where my only real symptom is vaginal thrush. I just wish my brain would stop this overactive 'what if' thinking it always does, I seem to be on a roll at the moment. I'm sorry for all the posts at the moment I'm struggling with my HA and have some real symptoms mixed in that are causing me a lot of stress. There's a lot of stress in my life in general at the moment which isn't helping.  Thank you all for all your nice replies you have given me to these posts I really appreciate all the support on this site.
Bookmark and Share

Offline oregoncoastlady

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 04:24:05 AM »
 Do you have white sores in your mouth? Even if you did, it can be treated. What I am hearing is that you have diagnosed yourself with thrush? Eat yogurt. If that doesn't help, go to the doctor. This isn't going to kill you.

It is one thing after another because you make it so.

Bookmark and Share

Offline sassparella

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 05:08:20 AM »
No, my mouth is clear, it's just the back of my tongue that is dry and a bit white, but the rest of my mouth looks OK. I have a pessary for the other thrush, I usually get it when I have antibiotics, though I've not had any for a few years, but I've left it a bit longer than I would have liked to treat as I had that stupid long period, so I'm very uncomfortable. I guess I'm assuming it's thrush as it started toward the end of my antibiotic course and feels like it did last time I had it only more painful as I've left it longer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cheesus

• Rec's: 32
  • Ha-Hum
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 10:42:07 AM »
Ahhh Candida Albicans... that little beast of a yeast.

Candida albicans is ife threatening in immune compromised patients - that is people who have cancer/AIDs. If you had it like that you would be in intensive care, so I wouldn't worry about that!

There is also a growing number of people who claim to have systemic candidiasis who aren't immune compromised that has originated in a dysbiosis of the GI tract. I am one such person! I was uncertain at first, but I thought I would give a candida diet a go as I have such a plethora of inexplicable and seemingly unconnected symptoms that western medicine was unable to help me with. When no one in the mainstream can help you, i think its more than reasonable to seek alternative therapies.

I am in my 9th week of a strict candida protocol. I am eating more healthily than I have ever done so in my entire life. I eat (nearly all organic) eggs, veg, brown rice, quinoa, millet, meat and fish, and thats it. No sugar of any kind (the carbs I eat are incredibly low in readily accessible sugars). That even means no fruit! This is the diet I follow: www.thecandidadiet.com

Moreover, i am taking huge quantities of probiotic supplements and foods, and also eating huge quantities of anti-fungal foods such as virgin coconut oil.

Why do I think that my problem is candida? The fact that I have felt worse after starting this diet than better! I think most people would agree, my diet looks extremely healthy. However, when you embark on a candida fighting protocol, you can get what people call 'die-off', which is where the yeast cells die in massive numbers and you get a huge release of toxins into the body. If I were taking some man-made supplement or if I had eradicated carbs I could agree that perhaps I am feeling so bad because I wasn't nourishing myself properly. In fact, though, this is the first time in my life I have ever been so well nourished! I eat well over 10 portions of veg every day, I eat complex carbs in good quantities, and I get protein with every meal.

The reason the antibiotics gave you a yeast infection is that the killed all the 'friendly' bacteria in your body. You need those good bacteria to keep all the beasties in check and to keep your immune system functioning.

Though I am physically in a bad way right now, my anxiety has lessened since starting this diet! I believe toxins caused by candida can cause or at least worsen anxiety disorders.

Candida won't kill you though. So don't worry about that.
Bookmark and Share
You can't calm the waves, but you can learn to surf!

Basis of Recovery
Intrusive Thoughts
A Philosophy of Anxiety

Offline v0y4ger

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 01:28:05 PM »
I also have thrush infections very often. Been back and forward to the doctors about it to the point of actually nagging. This has been going on for years. I recently came across the diet cure and I think its worth a shot.

And finally you've heard this before but...... Stop googling........ Trolls are as active in the health pages as they are anywhere else. They write pure rubbish with the intention of frightening people.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: