Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Remember  (Read 304 times)

Offline floridaguy65

• Rec's: 174
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Remember
« on: March 06, 2013, 04:55:18 PM »
Remember that you've been down this road before.....and you're still here - alive and kickin' (and probably googling, too much:)

Remember you have HA / Anxiety issues. This will likely be the major root cause of a majority of your struggles....even IF you get sick.

Remember HA peeps get sick. We get diseases. We are just like those pesky 'non-HAers', though, in that we need to be only reasonable in our health protocol.

Remember we have such a hard time defining 'reasonable' when it comes to our health.

Remember HA has no 'protection powers'. Do not give our fear-driven actions and habits measures of success...there are other true ways to success (and being healthy:)

Remember HA can bleed into nearly all facets of our lives. It is hardly ALL about our health.

Remember that anxiety does ebb and flow. We are not always jacked up beyond belief. Allow yourself to reflect and hold onto times when you felt OK.

Remember that it is OK to feel OK. Do not fret and ask why? Do not wonder when anxiety will hit again. Embrace it and understand that this feeling can become the norm - not the unexpected.

Remember anxiety lies. It is a part of us, but it lies. It lies MUCH more than it doesn't.

Remember to try to not wake up each morning and fall immediately back into fear patterns. We CAN work on this. Our mornings frame our entire day.

Remember being alive and human = niggling aches and some goofy pains, regardless of who you are.

Remember our bodies are NOT failing us. Our bodies are meant to be used and taxed and admired and respected. We were never meant to remain inactive - never... anxious or not.

Remember your mind is not failing you. You have a mental health challenge. Challenges can be accepted and addressed...this is true for all challenges in life.

Remember that your 'case' of anxiety is likely not worse than most others.

Remember that your 'case' will likely be helped in a pretty darn similar fashion to all the other anxiety peeps who have been helped.

Remember that BECAUSE all these other peeps have been helped that you can, overwhelmingly, be helped too.

Remember there is no wishing away anxiety

Remember we CAN 'rewire' our minds. They got 'wired' for anxiety, somehow - someway, and we can learn how to 'rewire' them back, to great extents.

Remember it takes time to 'rewire' our minds

Remember you are OVERALL healthy

Remember your actions and habits will drive your healing path. Mindsets will follow.

Remember medical intervention simply is not the way to best help a mental health challenge.

Remember HA is a mental health challenge.

Remember you've been down this road before......and you're still here (did I say that one before:)

Peace and Feel Well:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Remember
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 05:21:43 PM »
good stuff
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 07:28:12 PM »
Thank you.
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 07:36:44 PM »
This is so good. How do we keep it up there?
Bookmark and Share

Offline trainwreck

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 07:41:49 PM »
floridaguy65- That is something everyone here should write on the blackboard 10 times the next time they Google! 
(Except for me, what with my carpal tunnel, arthritis and what not :P )
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 07:42:34 PM »
floridaguy65- That is something everyone here should write on the blackboard 10 times the next time they Google! 
(Except for me, what with my carpal tunnel, arthritis and what not :P )

ooo train would that make your hand cramp???   
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 08:17:16 PM »
Great post - do something to keep it at the top always!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ivyt73

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 08:33:55 PM »
Thanks Floridaguy!  Awesome words of wisdom to remember.

Ivy :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline lofwyr

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 08:36:33 PM »
Nice post, timely for me. Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allochka

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 02:41:54 AM »
Awesome post, thank you!!!

Today is my first anniversary of receiving a repeated brain MRI, which proved I don't have MS and my small white spots are simply small white benign spots... Last year I was ecstatic, sure  that now on everything would be great. Well, I still struggle with HA one year later. But I'm determined to beat it, it slowly gets a bit better.
This is the best post I could read on my "no MS"  anniversary day, when I try hard to learn to keep HA under control   :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: