My doctor prescribed me lexapro which I took for a week then experienced worse anxiety as I didn't like the thought of being on something that was ultimately altering the chemicals in my brain. I went back to him & he suggested doubling my dose
. I knew then & there that medication was not going to work with me so yes I looked for alternate methods.
1. Working out- daily if you have to. It assists trembling & just makes you feel more positive over time
2. Pilates/ meditation - this may not work during server panic/ anxiety but if done during a state where you are calmer it can help lessen anxiety returning
3. Illiminate the negative in your life - people, job anything that your not happy with. I had to find some new supports as I realised I was around mentally draining people. I went back to change my career path to something I felt was more me and it helped.
4. Change your diet. so important!!! The foods these days are so chemically manufactured it impacts out health. Limit refined sugar intake & minimise coffee/ caffine. Our bodies are not designed to process artificial chemicals & I have noticed big changes in anxiety since eating more natural less tampered with foods.
5. Spoil yourself - go get a massage or your nails done or anything that helps you feel good.
6. I found drinking fresh mineral water assists - not sure why but after drinking just a glass a day I feel so much calmer. I'm assuming its the minerals & my brain likes them
These are just some of the drastic & not so drastic natural measures I took that worked for me & at one stage I had severe anxiety which lasted months. i know medication helps some people which can be good for them but medication has & will only be a last resort or a non option for me.
Let me know how you go
I will post any other natural techniques I discover in my search for maintaining inner calm.