Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: facial rash  (Read 211 times)

Offline MJG03

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
facial rash
« on: March 02, 2013, 10:58:44 PM »
For the past couple of weeks I have been noticing some  kind of red splotches on my cheeks. They would be ok some days and look worse others. Just yesterday they started burning like crazy. The redness isn't bad and is actually barely noticable. The spots are dry and mildly flakey. I have looked up different skin conditions and all of them seem to have itching as a main symptom but I have no itching. Just extreme burning. I don't think it's anything life threatening and will be calling the doctor on Monday. However, there is usually about a month wait to get in. I'm getting anxious because this is so uncomfortable and I don't know how I'm going to go that long with my face feeling like it's on fire. I can't focus on anything else. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Should I be more concerned? I should mention that I haven't been using any new products so I don't think it's an allergy. I took a Zyrtec anyway to see if it would help. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
Re: facial rash
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 05:51:08 PM »
I thought eczema at first because it causes red patches that are dry and flaky. It also causes mild burning but more like a cold burning sensation, if that makes any sense. I get eczema blotches around my mouth and cheeks before my period. The inky thing is that eczema itches like crazy and your not experiencing an itch so I'm leaning more towards rosacea. My mother had it and she experienced the same thing are.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline london23

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 06:51:51 PM »
youre like me then, I had a really bad case of this 2 days ago, red patches on my cheeks and just above my eyebrows..it looked like i had gotten slapped acrossed the face..it looked terrible...i usually get it because of the water drying my face or the cold weather..the only cream that heals it is e45 cream
Bookmark and Share
If my advice has helped you then please leave me a rec.

Offline MJG03

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 11:52:53 AM »
Thanks for the replies! I'm going to the derm today so hopefully he will have an answer. I'm really hoping it's not rosacea. In fact, I'm terrified that it's going to be. I'm not sure why I'm so afraid of having it but I already have psoriasis so the idea having rosacea too sounds awful. I'll update again after my appt.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SighNoMore

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 12:17:26 PM »
Perhaps wind burn/chapped skin?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MJG03

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 03:21:01 PM »
Just got back from the derm and the diagnosis was "irritated winter skin" (I live in Minnesota). He did not mention Rosacea but of course I brought it up. He obvisously isn't allowed to say no you for sure don't have it but he said it was way down on the list of things he's thinking it is. He gave me a very light skin care regimen and I just kind of have to wait it out. Come on summer!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: