Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: m.s  (Read 1227 times)

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: m.s
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 12:54:03 PM »
btw--  when I mentioned in a post on this thread that I feared MS off/on for a long while,  well here is my list.  it isn't even a complete list.

This is my "neuro" symptoms I've had.  these can last for just moments or MONTHS.   were they all anxiety?  who knows?  likely a good bit of it was normal body noise that I took notice of and started connecting dots which only made my symptoms worse and more numerous.

*Shocking pain down thigh and left arm--due to herniated disks
*Sciatica pain--due to stress and the disks
*back pain
*hip pain
*numbing and tingling over various parts of my body--fingers/toes/hands/feet/back/legs/stomach/groin etc
*tense muscles
*cramping muscles---feet/hands/hips/shins
*Twitching/spasms---all over my body.  My right thigh sometimes twitches quite hard--the entire muscle                                       
*vibrating/buzzing limbs
*muscles feel weak/fatigued/heavy
*patches of skin or limbs that feel wet
*burning skin or chilled skin
*vision--jumpy eyes (not eyelid twitching, though I've had that), blurry vision, floaters (which have ZERO to do with MS), sore aching eyes, pain behind eye orbits
*sore aching muscles and joints--name a muscle and a joint and it's hurt me
*headaches---that just won't go with meds
*sharp/shooting/jabbing pains down my arms or legs or stomach or head
*dizziness--sometimes mild; sometimes I've been off balance.  Once it was a 'dizzy day'-I spent most in bed
*head feeling swirly
*jolting awake, trouble sleeping, waking with a panic feeling
*forgetfulness
*trouble saying words--saying the wrong word repeatedly
*face pain--primarily my right side of face--pressure
*TMJ pain
*ear pain
*trouble swallowing
*Stress incontinence--buy hey I've birthed quite a few kids
*very fatigued/tired
*trouble sleeping
*when anxious--fast movements muck with my eyes--makes me somewhat dizzy/headache--ie.  watching the page on the computer scroll down

I didn't have MS or ALS or brain tumor or parkinson's or any other neuro nasty.   I had an uncontrolled, mismanaged, squirreled out thinking The most I had were some pinched nerves due to disks in my back and bone pushing in the spinal cords.   I am still here.  sometimes I still have some of those symptoms.  But I know stress is hard on a body.  AND uncontrolled anxiety wreaks havoc on it.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline el28

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 01:28:36 PM »
i have the most of those symptoms!!!!!i did nt know that anxienty can cause symptoms that you are feeling them all the time.yesterday a saw a strange pimple in my face and my first though was that i ts cancer.now i m laughing with me.i hope that one day i will laugh with my m.s fear
Bookmark and Share

Offline vanilla1969

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 01:45:41 PM »
OMG Sixpack this quote has crossed my mind, is this why Im doing this.

"The reason I say this is because the "cover" form is, well, anxiety over health issues being used to cover up or divert our attention from what is going on in our lives.  It seems easier to deal with phantom X disease rather than financial issues or upbringing issues or parenting issues----you know whatever is going on in our lives that is messy and would be easier to sweep under the rug type stuff."

I'm not going to lie I have often thought has it would be nice to not have anymore responsiblity, I'm tired, just wanna run away cause some things seem so hard to deal with now. I am tired of the stresses and I have often thought how it would be nice to have some kind of ailment (not deadly) that would take me out of work for months. I hate my job with a passion, I don't make much money for a woman raising kids on her own and it just seems like I'm working for bills and nothing else. Don't even get to enjoy my own money for personal reasons, just bills, bills, bills. Yeah a sickness would be a good way to get a break. My psychiatrist said even though I don't like him much "You are taking your stress and turning it into physical issues".
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 01:50:36 PM »
0213 vanilla

I believe the majority of peeps that have their anxiety manifest itself with health IS from a diversion.  yes.  :yes:  Hell I wouldn't be surprised if just about any kind of anxiety--GAD and some phobias---are too.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline MTBR

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 02:22:20 PM »
I'm not going to lie I have often thought has it would be nice to not have anymore responsiblity

Oh yeah....this is the EXACT thought I have just about every hour on the hour. I obsess about how much less responsibility I had before I got married and had a kid....and I have a smokin' hot wife and an awesome son who makes me laugh every minute of the day....so go figure.
Bookmark and Share

Offline el28

Grumpy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 02:32:16 PM »
my psyciatrist told me the same thing.he told me that i m not satisfy with my life.i can t deal that i m unemploy,that my family used to have money and now because of economical crice its not  the same,i cant go to live with my fiance because of money etc etc and its easier to me to believe that i have m.s in order to keep my mind there and not to my problems
Bookmark and Share

Offline vanilla1969

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 02:48:26 PM »
It still doesn't make sense to me cause going through this is not easy, don't know why we would re-route the worry to something that makes us think we are going crazy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline el28

Grumpy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 03:10:52 PM »
i couldn t even believe that our mind, in order to "protect"us from something that we can not deal with make us to fear about something else.it s really strange.i prefere to concern about job,money etc that to have the m.s fear with all those symptoms
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 03:13:39 PM »
It still doesn't make sense to me cause going through this is not easy, don't know why we would re-route the worry to something that makes us think we are going crazy.

it is amazing how capable we are of lying to ourselves.  remember, too, changing those things that are really bothering us is hard or uncomfortable or too life changing or horridly scary.  it is easier to have a disease and let a "doctor take care of everything"  It isn't really our job to fix the cancer or disease X.  it is the doctor's.  All we had to do is follow the instructions.

and while going through this isn't easy it is a known and for want of a better term comfortable.        addressing those uncomfy truths in our lives leave us open to a lot doubts, makes us emotionally vulnerable or maybe physically vulnerable....   it comes down to the devil you know (anxiety) and the devil you don't.....      That is what the "leap of faith/s is/are all about.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 03:18:36 PM »
i couldn t even believe that our mind, in order to "protect"us from something that we can not deal with make us to fear about something else.it s really strange.i prefere to concern about job,money etc that to have the m.s fear with all those symptoms

why not? 

have you not heard of conversion disorder?  there is a link embedded in the link I posted to you a day or so ago.  Along with that is a link about "the mind body syndrome".  Along with the link to the 100+ symptoms of anxiety.

and besides using our health as a cover there is the TRUTH that the stress in our lives or the uncomfortable truths that we refuse to deal with STILL AFFECTS US PHYSICALLY WHETHER WE SEE IT OR NOT.  Whether we are consciously aware that our lives are stressful or not.  Our stresses still cause aches/pains..... 

as mentioned, once you can learn about anxiety, in general, and about yourself specifically and then start working on things, you get better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MTBR

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2013, 03:26:52 PM »

It actually makes a lot of sense to me for similiar reasons to what six just said...she said:

it is easier to have a disease and let a "doctor take care of everything"

I would take that a couple of steps further in the case of those obsessing over MS or ALS. Think about it....those two diseases can COMPLETELY debilitate you so that EVERYONE ELSE has to take care of EVERYTHING. Not just the doctor....EVERYONE has to be responsible for your well being.

Man, I just had a HUGE lightbulb go off about why I may be doing this. :sign0184:
Bookmark and Share

Offline vanilla1969

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2013, 03:51:14 PM »
Thanks sixpack, I always love your insight.
Bookmark and Share

Offline el28

Grumpy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 09:06:47 AM »
sixpack you are right.i m going for a walk to calm down because my leg is so wick today.i hope that this will heps
Bookmark and Share

Offline el28

Grumpy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 12:41:41 PM »
i was wlking for an hour.i forgot my leg problem.when i came back it started again.LOL if i had m.s i couldn t walk non stop for an hour right????
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2013, 12:53:25 PM »
i was wlking for an hour.i forgot my leg problem.when i came back it started again.LOL if i had m.s i couldn t walk non stop for an hour right????

right.

it is just like my headache that came back after I was volunteering at a dog rescue last year...   I posted that to you when most of the text was bolded.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything