Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Full body shaking (including eyes) - anxiety or Parkinsons?  (Read 772 times)

Offline ahrimoniac

• Rec's: 2
  • Brain like a sieve, face like a smacked bum
    • Poke This Member
Full body shaking (including eyes) - anxiety or Parkinsons?
« on: March 02, 2013, 08:25:41 AM »
 :(

Now then. You may remember that I've recently suffered with and beaten HIV and MS (!). However, there is still something left over.

I feel as though I have a constant (from morning to night) tremor in my body, including my eyes. If I look at something, it moves - like my eyes are shaking. It's not much, like a couple of mm either way, but enough that it is starting to knock me off balance.

I have been to see an opthamalogist (I can't spell that!) and he did a very thorough check of my eyes and said everything was fine, save for a tiny bit of nerve damage at the back which most people have.

My entire body has a 'hum' going through it, even if I am relaxed (doing deep-breathing and meditating) and it's always there. The reason I struggle to say it is anxiety is because it's all the time, non-stop, even when I am distracted or not 'thinking about it'. It's not specific to one leg or arm, although my fingers shake and wobble a lot.

I am so paranoid and scared that it may be Parkinsons. I have had this symptom for a long while - first I thought it was a symptom of HIV, then MS - but my MRI came back clear. I spent some time with my neurologist but he spoke to me for about 5 minutes (and then charged me the equivalent of $400 for the job - I'm complaining!) and didn't really reassure me.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks :)
Bookmark and Share
http://shakerattleanddroll.wordpress.com/ - my own personal blog about my journey with health anxiety. I'll laugh, I'll cry. Might even be a few cheap jibes. It's not all po-faced and woe is me, and I try to write positively about what is helping me. I would welcome any feedback!

Offline colls22

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Full body shaking (including eyes) - anxiety or Parkinsons?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 10:33:16 AM »
I totally get that too! Like if you concentrate on looking at something, you feel like your actual eyeballs are shaking, because whatever you're looking at appears to be shaking?
Bookmark and Share

Offline ahrimoniac

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 11:14:25 AM »
Exactly! And it's one of the harder ones to spot on here! Glad someone else has it.

I describe it as trying to look at a picture whilst sitting on a washing machine. It's uncomfortable but I can deal with it as long as I know it isn't too serious.
Bookmark and Share
http://shakerattleanddroll.wordpress.com/ - my own personal blog about my journey with health anxiety. I'll laugh, I'll cry. Might even be a few cheap jibes. It's not all po-faced and woe is me, and I try to write positively about what is helping me. I would welcome any feedback!

Offline ahrimoniac

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 08:26:20 PM »
Anyone for any more?
Bookmark and Share

Offline haunted68

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 08:33:20 PM »
I also get the eye shaking thing.  I also get the internal vibrating/hum thing every once in a while.  Back in my 20's (in my 40's now) I would get that every night when I laid down to go to sleep.  Very annoying.
Bookmark and Share