Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Scared to death, brain anyeresm?  (Read 267 times)

Offline sweetnightmare

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared to death, brain anyeresm?
« on: March 02, 2013, 08:25:16 AM »
 :dazed:

Hello, I feel I should introduce myself a bit first. I am a young lady, 28 years old. I am very overweight, 275 lbs to be exact, a coffee drinker, a smoker, and due to a 4 year bout with depression I used to eat mostly fast food every day. Just being honest. But I am eating better now and quitting smoking, also exercising more now.

My life, due to job and personal cause ALOT of stress.

For the last month straight, I have had the worst headache of my life, it comes every day. I am also a bit dizzy.I have had sinus problems in the past but my doc said its not that. When my headaches comes, i tell my husband it feels like "my brain feels like its bigger then my head and its trying to come out" or it feels like my head is in a vice.

Typically the pain is only on the left side, but rarely it moves to the right. The back of my head hurts, my eyeballs hurt, the area around my eyes hurt, my temples hurt alot. I am seeing a chiropractor but its honestly not making it better and I have had 4 or 5 visits so far. Nothing I am doing seems to be any type of trigger for the pain, either. Like right now, my left temple, neck, back of head, and above my left eye hurts.

Its so bad ;.; and tylenol only helps for about an hour, at most.

Have I googled unruptured aneurisms? Yes, but I stopped. Have I been to the er? Yes, several times. The last time they did a ct scan was right before valentines day of this year. They didnt use any dye. I have heard that if the anyerism is too small or they do not use dye they can not see it :( Never had an mri though. Everyone thinks this is my anxiety but the pain is SO SO BAD i have a hard time believing it. My eyes hurt so much..and I know some aneurisms dont show symptoms but I also know sometimes they can. Also, this last month I have found myself mixing up my words and stuttering more than usual.

I am afraid I am going to die...please if you are reading this, please dont be mean, but I fear my several years of fast food have created alot of crap in my arteries...possibly leading to anyerim or stroke. My chest also hurts all the time on the left side but docs say its heartburn. Constant heartburn?

Anyways, please help me...I do not want to die...
Bookmark and Share

Offline trainwreck

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared to death, brain anyeresm?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 12:55:08 PM »
As for the dye with the CT scan, my understanding is that they only use it if they feel they cant get a clear view of what they are looking for. 

It sounds to me like you are having some type of headache syndrome that needs to be addressed. 

Whether due to anxiety, or some other issues, you are having pain that is disrupting your life. 

Your post sounds somewhat frantic.  I am not one to blame everything on anxiety, but clearly you have a significant amount of stress and anxiety, which are the perfect ingredients for headaches like this.

It appears the life threatening issues have been ruled out by the ct scan, so know you have to start working with your GP to get to the root of what is creating the headaches.  there is a very good possibility that if the stress level is reduced and the anxiety is managed, the headaches will get under control.  But again, that is something you need to have a long discussion with your GP about, to figure out what is the best approach. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline bubzyboo

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 03:40:06 PM »
hi i dont mean to sound patronising but have you had your eyes tested? my fiend suffered from constant headache for about a month although possibly not as bad as yours sounds, she needs glasses and they have helped a great deal x
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 04:25:28 PM »
My doctor told me that tension in your back, neck and shoulders can cause head pain.
If you had a brain aneurysm, you probably would not be able to type any questions
on this forum.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 204
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 05:16:32 PM »
hello sweetnightmare.

so you've got quite a brew brewing don't you?

looks like you have a few things you need to deal with. 
1. stress in your life
2. unhealthy eating habits, smoking
3. anxiety disorder.

My first phone call would be to my GP.  when was your last physical?   I don't mean running to an ER in a panic.  AND I may not win any friends here, but I really don't put a whole lot of stock in chiropractors. AND I have a friend's hub who happens to be a reputable one.   :winking0008:  So when was the last time you've been to a GP or PCP for a good look over?  We all need to go annually.  You can't change what you've done in your past  BUT you can change what you are doing going forward.  So good first steps is quitting smoking.  yes I know not easy.  so kudos.  how is that going so far?  AND great that you've started exercising.  but if this is a new thing for you, I'd check with the doc to help you start off right with that.  The other thing here is this:  you are overweight.  this is not good for you.  There are a lot of things that can go awry being overweight.  which you know so let's not beat ourselves up.  Let's address it.  Your gp can get you started.   :yes:  He/She can hook you up with a nutritionist/dietian.  Best way for you to go.  When you see the gp ask about the headaches.  there is no reason to go jumping to aneurysm.  that is pretty catastrophic.  Headaches are most often caused by tension, sinus issues, as well as some other health issues.   so, get this checked out--but not the er.  that is just bandaid sort of thing.

Next----  you have a lot of stress going on.  hell don't we all  :winking0008:  what things can you do to work through some of these things? I know some aren't solvable, but some are....

Anxiety disorder:   what have you been doing?  what is working/what isn't?  what are you willing to do?

here is my "as I see it post"
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,60476.0.html

Sweet:

truth is there are things you need to have looked into....

truth is jumping to anuerysm is pretty much a health anxiety person's M.O. :winking0008:  and I think you have chosen this one because you are beating yourself up for your lifestyle.  Don't worry we all tend to do that to ourselves.  however, if we get to into beating ourselves up, we just don't get better.  we just get lost in the guilt.   We have to step back and maybe say------   "yeah I' haven't been treating my body the best but tomorrow is a new day.  I can fix this.  It isn't going to be easy.  I may have days that truly suck.  But I am worth it.  I deserve a happy life and I am going to get there."

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: