Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pure O anxiety out of nowhere!  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Jono77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pure O anxiety out of nowhere!
« on: February 27, 2013, 03:20:02 PM »
Hello,
So I have anxiety and pure O, where I'll have thoughts of harming and existential ones.
I've been good for about a month or so, if I've started feeling anxious I've been able to get it under control, no obsessive thoughts, it's been nice.
But yesterday I was sitting with my friend watching TV and I suddenly felt anxious with the thought "what if I just hit her?" and as always happens, I felt this urge and then felt guilty and awful for thinking that which just made me think of it more..you know how it goes!
Today I'm just feeling very blah and anxious, thing is I'm not sure why it's suddenly started back up, if anything I've been taking better care of myself the past few days, I've started really eating better (fish, chicken, fruit and veg) and going to the gym regularly for the past 3 days,I did have a coffee yesterday which I don't usually do as caffine really gets me jittery, and my time of the month is just ending (sorry if that's tmi!)
I'm hoping this will pass as I keep working at taking better care of myself, past couple weeks before I wasn't really exercising and eating more chocolates but felt okay in my head, do you think I'm reacting to doing the more healthy stuff? oh I don't know, I'm babbling now, just wondered what folks here thought...
Hate feeling like this...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cdp79

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pure O anxiety out of nowhere!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 10:51:33 PM »
I had this problem recently. But just keep telling yourself "it's just ocd." I know that sounds so simple and you've probably done it before, but it really does help if you can wrap your mind around it. I would try to stay away from caffeine as much as possible. I recently had a bout with harm ocd and I just kept saying "it's just ocd" every time I had a thought, I kept convincing myself that I wouldn't worry if I really wanted to do those things, and I distracted myself. The thoughts eventually faded and they still pop up every now and then, but just don't show them any attention. My worries have since switched to something else, but I still have one of those hocd thoughts. Just ignore it, mine have just came up out of no where before. Exercising does help! I would keep that up. Look up ocd help on youtube, there are some great videos on there that have helped me a lot.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pippy187

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 12:34:37 AM »
I get these same thoughts sometimes they last for days... I remain vigilant and tell myself it's pure o and never break my daily routines... Exercise is so important.... You're not alone, these things flare up but always pass :)
Bookmark and Share
He who fears death cannot enjoy life

My anxiety blog: http://pippy187.wordpress.com/

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 02:04:56 PM »
It is important to remember that these feelings are just thoughts and that you will not act on them.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline gus0819

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 07:05:00 PM »
I have had these same thoughts for about 2 months now and cannot seem to get past them. One day, out of the blue, I'm driving to work all stressed out about a problem there when BAM my daughter dead comes into my mind. No idea why but it freaked me out that I couldn't save her. That manifested into hurting my family or others around me for 2 weeks. Then I was able to tell myself they were just thoughts and I would never do any of these things and that worked well, but then came crashing back. I can not seem to get by it this time and it makes me feel like such a bad dad and husband even though i wouldnt ever do any of the things crossing my mind. I know i'm obsessing about them but I can't make it stop. I have gotten some CBT books and they seem to be helping a little but it scares me to wonder why I have these thoughts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pippy187

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 11:12:21 AM »
Hey Gus!  These thoughts are just that.... Many people in the world have these thought of horrible things, but if you couple it with anxiety, we often are very hypervigilant with thoughts, sensations etc etc.... and it just that a passing thought, no matter how bad they seem they aways pass and look for the next thought... I use distraction a lot play video games or exercise... mindless TV does wonders! Hope this helps you.
Bookmark and Share
He who fears death cannot enjoy life

My anxiety blog: http://pippy187.wordpress.com/

Offline gus0819

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 07:47:56 PM »
Well another month by almost and the thoughts got better for awhile but came back this weekend. Not about my child or spouse but my father this time. No reason at all but crashed right back. I haven't gotten by it this whole week. I understand it's the fear that gets me but then I obsess abut why and that leads down a steeply winding path downward.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: