Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: someone please help me out with this!  (Read 297 times)

Offline crazilyanxious

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
someone please help me out with this!
« on: February 24, 2013, 08:02:54 AM »
So I had been having a couple of pretty good weeks.  Nothing was really bothering me, I could say that I felt almost completely anxiety and symptom free.  Then, Thursday morning I woke up and when I set up I immediately felt so dizzy and couldn't even stay sitting up.  Since then, things have been spiraling downward.  I've been dizzy on and off since Thursday.  I've also had waves of nausea with the dizziness.  My whole body has been achy and painful at times (note: I started my period on Friday night so some of the pain I know is attributed to that).  That feeling of something pulling/knot like sensation in my back has returned.  Along with being overly tired (but I haven't slept well for a week...only been getting like 6 hours of sleep a night when I'm used to 8-9).  And have also had some head/chest pressure again.

My worry is that now that I'm experiencing all of these symptoms together, that something is actually wrong, and that it is NOT anxiety playing tricks on me.  The ways I have experienced anxiety in the past (if this is in fact even what I'm dealing with), is that I get one symptom, it lasts for a while (days to weeks), then fades out and a new symptom takes its place.  I have never experienced all my symptoms at once.

Of course I have a pulse oximeter and a machine to check my blood pressure.  I have done both.  Heart rate is normal at 69, blood pressure is normal at 103/72 (normal for me - I run low), and oxygen is good at 98%.  So I know I probably shouldn't worry too much, but I do and I am.

Help?  Thoughts?  Should I be worried about this???  If it was something serious, would I be almost completely fine for a couple weeks, then have everything return all at once, bit by bit, a couple weeks later?
Bookmark and Share

Offline tasha 87

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: someone please help me out with this!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 09:00:56 AM »
Hi crazily-anxious

Sorry to hear you are having these awful symptoms, they are so hard to deal with it, especially all at once. I reckon it is good old fashioned anxiety having its fun with you. You are tired because you aren't sleeping well, which is probably only exacerbating your stress and reinforcing all these symptoms.  Plus anxiety is probably the most tiring thing i have ever dealt with, your mind never stops ticking over!  It's exhausting!

Also if you just started your cycle, that takes it toll on you anyway, i know it totally knocks me out and i find i get REALLY dizzy and lightheaded on the first day or two. Maybe i am low in iron or something, I am not sure!
)
Hope you feel better soon, try to relax (yes, impossible i know :D)

Take care

Tasha

Bookmark and Share

Offline jwall378

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 11:33:51 AM »
Since I'm a guy....I'm not sure about the female issues :laugh3:  but, the dizziness sounds completely like my dizziness when my stress/anxiety is elevated. Also, try and not to monitor your oxygen and blood pressure too often (unless you do have a medical condition where you have to). Everytime I felt dizzy, I would run to my blood pressure machine to make sure I didn't have low blood pressure. I actually just took a HUGE step and threw away my BP machine the other day. I was starting to get obsessive over it. But, I think people with high anxiety tend to get dizzy a lot...it is one of the main symptoms of anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
The more we think about things, the worse they get.

"Don't worry, about a thing. 'Cause every little thing's gonna be alright"-Bob Marley

Offline crazilyanxious

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 11:49:43 AM »
Thankyou for the replies.  I don't have a medical condition, that I know of.  But, for me, it feels like I have an undiagnosed medical condition that is causing the dizziness.  It's been about a year, but for one month straight I was dizzy and lightheaded every day.  Then a few months back I had it last for about a week.  And now, this is the fourth day that I've been dealing with it again.  It's like I feel quite a bit of pressure in my head, and I feel like I'm spinning when I'm sitting or standing still, and sometimes feel like I could fall over.  It's very disabling.  And I'm still experiencing the other symptoms with it too.  It's starting to worry me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jwall378

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 01:04:04 PM »
Did you mention all of this to your doc? I got so frustrated with my dizziness, I went to my doctor who then sent me to a neurologist and advised me to also see my eye doctor (you can be dizzy if you need glasses or a different strength in your glasses). I went to my eye doctor, everything was fine. I went to my neurologist and he did a number of tests which I did fine with. He also sent me for an MRI of the brain just to put my mind at rest about the dizzy spells. Everything was negative. I still do get dizzy from time to time, but I handle it better now because I know there is nothing physically wrong with me.
Bookmark and Share

"Don't worry, about a thing. 'Cause every little thing's gonna be alright"-Bob Marley

Offline crazilyanxious

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 02:47:04 PM »
I had a different doctor before when I was first having the dizzy spells.  The doctor at the time wasn't that concerned.  She checked my ears, which were fine.  The spells got so bad that I wound up in the ER once for them, where they did bloodwork and a CT scan.  All was normal.  I've never had an MRI.  I've also never had problems with my eyes, and never worn glasses.  My vision seems to be fine, but even my husband said it could be my eyes, maybe I should see an eye doctor.  I put my eyes under a lot of strain, I stare at a computer screen, or my phone for a good part of the day, every day.  So I'm not sure if maybe this is causing some of my dizzy spells.  I'm still also WAY overtired, maybe it's sleep deprivation too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jwall378

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 10:38:49 PM »
The computer and phone can definitely be a culprit. When I'm on the computer for long periods of time at work, I get dizzy/"spacey" feeling. Same if I'm staring at my iPhone for a long time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazilyanxious

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 06:50:48 AM »
Yea, I guess part of me believes it could be from staring at these things for too long, but then even hours later when I haven't been using either one, I get dizzy spells....so I'm not entirely sure.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything