Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Fear of MS has returned and now Trigeminal Neuralgia. Please help :/  (Read 537 times)

Offline Emilia86

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Its been a while since I've been on here, so please bare with while I explain my history for those that don't know, or scroll to the bottom paragraph for the new stuff.

I'm going insane. I posted a lot last year on my MS fears but haven't even back on here since. Just to catch anyone up...I'm just in my mid-20s. In fall 2011 I woke up one morning to numbness. Went to the dr who sent me to a neuro and my MRI's only brain and spine were clear. Then I started losing some of my hair and feeling symptoms of lupus. Did a thorough blood test (numerous) and was cleared for that and other autoimmunes. Within a couple months I was back to normal. Then about a yr later in Aug 2012 I started losing hair again and I woke one morning to a electric shock feeling in my left calf (excruciating!). It only lasted that day but ever since then I've felt little twinges of nerve pain in my calves every day. I fear everyday that the severe pain will suddenly come on again and I can never let myself. I also started feeling pin prick sensations all over my body and little muscle twitches, and numbness again. In Oct 2012 everything got better. Now it's Feb 2013 and I'm feeling those twinges of nerve pain (feels like localized baby shocks or pricks) and muscle twitching again.

Something new this time though is the other day I was eating and when I was chewing I felt a small shock feeling in my upper cheek around my cheekbone. It freaked me out but I didn't cry out or anything. I kept eating and it didn't come back. Then the next day it happened again when I was eating, but this time it didn't hurt it just felt like a snap or something. I feel it at least once during every meal now Sometimes it hurts and sometimes it doesnt. I've started to feel very light prick sensations in my face too since then, and I've been an emotional wreck thinking this is TN! What the heck I'm 25 years old. Could it be? It doesn't always happen but I don't want to eat anymore because I'm afraid to feel it when it does shock, hurt and surprise me. Does face pain like this always mean TN? Is that the only option? I'm so scared I'm getting depressed. I spent all day in bed crying and feeling pathetic.
Bookmark and Share

Offline spoongirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of MS has returned and now Trigeminal Neuralgia. Please help :/
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 03:11:55 AM »
I've had strange shock like pains here and there. Does it get worse when you focus on it or fear it happening again? I notice when I fixate and worry it exacerbates the symptoms. I believe you are suffering from heightened anxiety. When I start having a meltdown, worrying about a disease my twitching and pin prick sensations get worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Emilia86

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 12:52:32 PM »
Sometimes it gets worse when I worry or get worked up about it, but not always. It all seems to come on when I'm calm, because it'll go away for a few months and I'll start to relax again and then one day it just hits again and can i'll get symptoms anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months. How could it just be HA if im feeling okay when it starts up? I'm really worried about my face right now since it's the newest thing. I'm not sure what to think or what it is...I feel like a prisoner in my own body.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allochka

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 09:17:28 AM »
Hi,

are your teeth healthy? I'm asking because this autumn I had strange pains in my face - jaws, cheekbone, near the ear. Never in the teeth. My GP thought it could be trigeminal neuralgia. But it turned out to be a very bad wisdom tooth with pulpitis. The tooth itself didn't ache at all. Once it was pulled out pains stopped, and the dentist said it was definitely because of the tooth.
maybe visit to e dentist would be a good thing to do.
I also heard that trigeminal neuralgia is called a suicidal pain. Mine was not that intense, so it made GP and me doubt it. Looks like yours is not " suicidal"  too...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: