Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: If only I could get through this latest scare...  (Read 303 times)

Offline sassparella

• Queen of Health Anxiety
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
If only I could get through this latest scare...
« on: February 23, 2013, 01:54:13 AM »
How many of us have said this? 'If only I could get through this latest scare I'll be fine'. It never works :( there's always something waiting around the corner to pounce out on you and scare you. I once actually really believed that everything would be OK if I could just sort out my current health worries, but I now realise that it just doesn't work like that and I will be forever getting new worries all the time. The hard part is coming to terms with this and finding ways to deal with it without freaking out every time my body decides to throw me a curveball.

But I've discovered one thing to be true,

Your body will NEVER be symptom free and if you're waiting for this unattainable goal you will never get rid of HA.

Everyone gets aches, pains, coughs, colds, twinges, twitches, weaknesses, shivers, shakes, lumps, bumps, bruises, scrapes and most people just ignore them, we focus on every single one, every change in our body. We need to be able to let this go and realise it's all part of life and we'll never be free from this fear if we don't accept that most of the time we'll be experiencing some sort of symptom just like everyone else, but that it's OK it's just how our bodies are.

Now if only I could take my own advice o_O

Bookmark and Share

Online Mom21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: If only I could get through this latest scare...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 12:04:07 PM »
I can completely relate. Whenever I think I'm dying I go to the doctor she tells me I'm fine or orders tests that show nothing. I feel like I'm on top of the world and vow to not go back until I'm really sick. Then a few days/weeks later something new shows up for me to worry about. It's a vicious cycle.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 01:45:31 PM »
You're absolutely right and it's always easier to give advice than take our own.  Been there done that about a million times.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sassparella

• Queen of Health Anxiety
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 03:53:39 AM »
You're absolutely right and it's always easier to give advice than take our own.  Been there done that about a million times.  :yes:

so true, when not tinged with the fear of our own mortality it's so much easier to see clearly. I find it much easier to try and help others than to help myself. I just wish that I could see my own HA the way I see others.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: