Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feel like getting tested for everything!  (Read 488 times)

Offline Transamguy2013

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feel like getting tested for everything!
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 03:19:40 PM »
Yes Yes and Yes!

I don't have a doctor at this time. SO I have to use the ER . Most people want to go home. But I want to stay. Lol. After they fine I'm healthy they want to get me out and I'm like but what if it is this or that and can we do this test to see. They just like you check out fine. We can't help healthy people. Lol

The thing is though. Once your checked out a fews times ( tests etcc. )
You better for a lil while. But It's only a matter of time before we think of something else to worry about.

Accept you have Anxiety disorder, HA. Get help and start to do everything you can to return to normal.
YOU know your healthy! Because we have been checked many times.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Hanervous

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 04:58:28 PM »
I want a full body scan sooooooo badly! Lol!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sassparella

• Queen of Health Anxiety
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 10:49:38 PM »
A full body scan is not a good idea for someone with HA. I had a chest, abdo and pelvis CT scan that ended up showing a lump on my liver and fluid round my heart it worried me sick. Turns out the lump is a benign hemangioma and the fluid is so trivial the cardiologist took one look at my echo results and discharged me. Most people will have something found on a body scan that they wouldn't even know was there if they didn't have one and it causes more angst and worry than necessary. So, yes while a clear body scan would be great there's a good chance there would be incidental (benign) findings that would have you quaking in your boots for a couple of months while going through more needless tests to diagnose you.

Plus reassurance is only temporary for someone with HA, the fear cycle is just that a cycle and while you may be appeased for a few hours/days even months it will not cure HA.
Bookmark and Share

Offline eternalhope

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 09:34:44 AM »
Absolutely!

The only problem with that is we all know how that sigh of relief feels when we get the 'everything is normal' pitch from the docs and walk out of the office with papers in our hand feeling like a million bucks!

Then, a few weeks/months go by and we start thinking - 'surely they must have missed something' or 'I've developed this terrible disease since the last test' .. and it's off to the doctor again.

Nasty, vicious cycle.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: test doctor