Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Depression Question  (Read 477 times)

Offline Panic321

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Depression Question
« on: February 17, 2013, 02:32:43 AM »
I'm not certain, but I believe that I'm having some depression issues.  I am not motivated to do anything right now and donít really enjoy doing anything that I once enjoyed.

Iíve noticed that I really feel bad during the mornings.  I know that a lot of people just arenít morning people, but this just seems different. There have been a few times that Iíve actually thought to myself that ďit canít be this hard for other peopleĒ to just get the day started. Even after Iím fully awake, the lack of motivation and lack of energy continues throughout the day. This tends to improve at night. In fact, late at night is basically the only time I get anything accomplished.

Is it common with depression to feel better at night than during the day?
Bookmark and Share

Offline For_the_horde

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
    • Poke This Member
Re: Depression Question
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 07:52:27 PM »
            If these are new issues then you need to either deal with it with your inner strength or have someone else help you, best option is psychiatrist cause with depression the chemicals are all screwed up in your brain, it can be because of a biological problem that needs treatment (like what i have) or trauma and life events.

And hell yes it can be worse in the morning, that happens to me too. Sometimes it even feels like my life only starts at night and thats when i get everything done. it's all part of depression.
Bookmark and Share
F***in' man up, will ya ?!- Steve Pulcinella

Offline Panic321

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 03:56:12 PM »
Thanks for the response. I believe that Iíve experienced depression on several occasions, but I didnít really identify with it because I always assumed that depression would be more continuous and wouldnít fluctuate. The more I read about it, the more I realize that it is common for it to be worse during the mornings and gets better at night (apparently the opposite of that is also possible).

The up and down nature of this was the confusing part for me. A few weeks ago, I briefly snapped out of it. I became motivated to work on projects and got a lot of things accomplished. I felt much better for several days, but then I quickly fell right back into my current mood that consists of no motivation or energy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline For_the_horde

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 07:23:14 PM »
Then I would see a psychiatrist. Maybe the on and off nature means it's bipolar or something else wrong like that. Or maybe there is some screwed up stuff going on in your life right now. It's all treatable. Once you start getting help you will realize how dark of a place you can force yourself into. Sh*t piles up real easy. :dazed:
Bookmark and Share
F***in' man up, will ya ?!- Steve Pulcinella

Offline gebuskrost

• Rather personal, don't you think?
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 10:56:53 PM »
I also find myself really unhappy and easily irritated in the mornings; it takes me about twenty minutes to get the motivation to bother getting out of bed. It's mostly only the threat of getting fired that does it at all.

Undiagnosed depressive here. I'd call it mild but I'm probably downplaying it for fear of being out of control.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Happy sailing

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Flirty
    Flirty
  • I sought the Lord He delivered me from all my fear
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 02:19:02 PM »
For-the-horde..
You said yours is biological.. Care to share?
I have been dealing wit GAD, and some depression...
I believe it was stress, trauma, and biological... If that makes any sense!  LOL
What meds do you take?
How long have you been dealing with it?  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share
Wiiliam Shakespeare :       
ďFrame thy mind to mirth and merriment, which bars a thousand harms, and lengthens lifeĒ

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 08:24:25 PM »
I've experienced this - absolutely!  There have been times where I wake up and feel like I'm being held captive in my bed, almost paralyzed (not physically, but mentally).  I just have to tell myself to get up - take some baby steps.  Usually, once I start moving, it improves.  Anxiety does this to me as well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline howifeel

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • Guilt is not a feeling but a verdict.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 10:48:13 PM »
Don't forget to evaluate your life circumstances. If they are taking a turn for the worse, or you have recently started worrying about circumstances turning for the worse, then this may trigger an episode of depression that goes up and down with your changing perception of your circumstances. Only if circumstances are triggering, then the depression will resolve as you adjust to the circumstances, or the circumstances improve (or you view them as improving). For example, if you are imagining the possibility of something terrible happening, then you may worry yourself into a bout of depression. This may totally miss your point by the way. I am simply bringing up one specific (and limited) line of thinking on the matter. If it resonates with you, be encouraged, things will always turn out. They have a way of doing that.
Bookmark and Share
I do things to feel better, I don't wait to feel better to do things.

Offline Happy sailing

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Flirty
    Flirty
  • I sought the Lord He delivered me from all my fear
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 11:31:01 PM »
HOWIFEEL - I can relate to what you are saying.
How do you suggest one handles this?
Like, the worrying - poor perspective etc. .
Hugs  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Wiiliam Shakespeare :       
ďFrame thy mind to mirth and merriment, which bars a thousand harms, and lengthens lifeĒ

Offline howifeel

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • Guilt is not a feeling but a verdict.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 12:58:31 AM »
I have experienced the inadequacy of thinking, reading or talking myself into mental health (only). In addition to other things, actually going out and doing something (without expectations) can help alleviate emotional distress. For example, I am overwhelmed by my financial situation. So, I drafted a spending plan that approaches a solution. Then I get hit with a huge tax bill. I lost sleep for a few days, until I accepted that i need to make arrangements to pay (phone calls and such). My health is poor, so it's time to let go of expectations for a longer life, and do what I can to alleviate dying earlier. I am stricken with anxiety about going out in public, time to make a plan for progressive exposure, because it is not going to randomly go away. I am mentally ill. If anyone needs to address stress asap, it would be me, because I can get overwhelmed quickly. No excuses. That's how i feel currently, though. i may sink back into victimization again.
Bookmark and Share
I do things to feel better, I don't wait to feel better to do things.

Tags: