Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello! A quick introduction :)  (Read 129 times)

Offline linxlad

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello! A quick introduction :)
« on: February 14, 2013, 04:40:35 AM »
Hey peeps

I'm Nathan (a.k.a linxlad).

I am a 27 year old guy from the Ipswich area in the United Kingdom. I have been a long term sufferer of
anxiety (health related) and OCD from the age of about 13.

A bit about myself:

I work as a Software/Web App developer for a pharmaceutical instruments company after having spent four years studying Computer Science.
I play Badminton but my passion is song and dance. I love to sing and I taught advanced street dance though moving to a new area and
working full time has left me with little time these days to practice :/

About what brought me here:

I have pretty bad anxiety (mainly Cardiophobia, though I am a Hypochondriac in general :P) and have lived with it since I was 13. I also have repetitive OCD (touching light switches, door handles e.t.c more than once) which developed not long after. I have been on various SSRI's over the years starting with Paroxatine at 13 which I was on and off of over the years. During Uni I was on Sertraline but I have been on citalopram as well. Up to a few months ago I was on a short stint of beta blockers but due to Asthma I didn't stay on them very long.

I am currently on 20mg of Fluoxetine (after slowly incrementing my dose using the oral solution) and today I start tablet form. I have found Fluoxetine takes the edge off but I still have some work to do if I am going to overcome my anxiety and OCD.

Which is why I am here, to offer my support and knowledge to others and receiving the same in return :)

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Kindest Regards

Nathan
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello! A quick introduction :)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 06:06:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.

All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.

Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline linxlad

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 07:49:47 AM »
Thank you for your warm and informative introduction :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cilantro

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 03:40:06 PM »
Welcome! This place could use a few more helpers, but I hope you can find something for yourself, too.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Introduction hello