Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Have to talk to my professor tomorrow, nervous. Advice?  (Read 377 times)

Offline deeferlynn

• Rec's: 2
  • Que sera, sera
    • Poke This Member
Have to talk to my professor tomorrow, nervous. Advice?
« on: January 30, 2013, 09:27:13 PM »
Hey all,

I have to talk to my professor tomorrow regarding my anxiety, but I'm really nervous about it because I've had this professor before and I'm not sure how to approach her. She's very understanding, but my anxiety is being triggered when it comes to talking to her about it. I missed the last 2 classes and completely forgot about the assignment due tomorrow and want to ask to hand it in Friday with the necessary late penalties. I just don't want to be judged by this. Does anyone know how I can approach my professor?
Bookmark and Share
"Just a heads up: 90% of the things you worry about will never happen. 90% of the things that happen will never occurred to you."

Offline Justadda

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Have to talk to my professor tomorrow, nervous. Advice?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:41:52 PM »
Hello again ^.^ well you can go to her and tell her that you are sorry for skipping class , but try not to lie her . After you apologies you can ask her if you can hand her the assignment friday . But be relaxed and honest and like I said don't make up a lie (I did that , it's a long story ) .  :sign0111:
Bookmark and Share
What don't brake you , makes you stronger !

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:12:36 PM »
I think you need to be completely straight-forward with this - tell her you're not using your anxiety as an excuse for a late assignment.  You don't need to give her a reason WHY it's late.  Just let her know you're working on getting things in on time.  She might need to be "educated" on anxiety ..... could definitely work in your favor.

But, most of all, like I said - make sure she knows you're not using your anxiety as an excuse for anything.  Good luck - you will do fine!  You've done it before and you can do it again!
Bookmark and Share

Offline deeferlynn

• Que sera, sera
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 12:41:04 AM »
Hey ladies,

Thanks for your replies. I'm going to be positive tomorrow for it and just see how it goes, because yes I've done this before and I worried about what would happen. And always, what I think is going to happen-- the most horrible result-- never happened. So, I just need to keep that in mind. Just now beginning to feel the physical effects of anxiety-- nausea aches warm. I know it's anxiety and nothing else, because this has been weighing on my mind since the beginning of semester (talking to the prof).

Thanks again. I'll update from school tomorrow-- probably before meeting with the prof. And thanks for easing my mind and worries. It's greatly appreciated.
Bookmark and Share
"Just a heads up: 90% of the things you worry about will never happen. 90% of the things that happen will never occurred to you."

Offline deeferlynn

• Que sera, sera
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 08:38:53 AM »
Woke up this morning with anxiety in high gear making my tummy feel weird. Took some gravol and started to drive to school. Panicked the majority of the ride in feeling nauseous. At school now, sitting in my car. So nervous. Thought about leaving but I know I have to do this.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: