Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Strange feeling in back  (Read 321 times)

Offline crazilyanxious

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Strange feeling in back
« on: January 27, 2013, 09:45:35 AM »
I've had this strange feeling in my back for a few months now.  It has me concerned, because I don't know what it is.  It's not painful or anything like that, but it feels like something is growing in there, and that is why I'm worried.  It's right below my left shoulder blade, and it feels very internal...nothing I can feel to the touch.  But it seems when it acts up, that it's a pretty large area.  It feels kind of like a gnawing or pulling sensation when I feel it.  Any thoughts anyone?  Every day I feel it, I get a little more worried.  I don't notice or feel it everyday, but I'd say at least 4-5 days a week I experience the feeling many times a day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazilyanxious

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Strange feeling in back
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 01:55:58 PM »
Any thoughts, please???
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 02:51:36 PM »
Yes, here's a thought. I think you are spending too much time monitoring your body and then on top of that worrying about what you find.

I think I already know the answer, but what exactly do you think you have "growing" in your back that you can only feel 2/3rds of the time that also doesn't hurt? The more you poke and prod your body, the more strange things you're going to find. Whatever this is I'm sure it's nothing.

Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline Elodiah

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 01:49:45 AM »
A "pulling" feeling suggests muscle tension. I had a feeling like that in my back for months, then changed pillows and it stopped happening. So it could just be a muscle issue.
Bookmark and Share
KRYTEN: Are you of the school that, when faced with bad news, prefers to hear that news naked and unvarnished, or are you of the ilk that prefers to live in happy and blissful ignorance of the nightmare you're facing?
RIMMER: Ignorance, every time.

Offline crazilyanxious

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 07:54:05 AM »
Yea, I'd like to think it's just muscle tension, but I'm not sure I really believe that.  It doesn't always occur upon waking up in the morning...it could occur midday or in the evening.  But the scared part of me thinks something like a tumor is growing in my back.  I've also had weird pains in my right wrist that I can't explain.  It's like a pulsing pain.  I don't know....I have myself convinced that cancer is going to spread through my whole body. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 08:06:23 AM »
If it concerns you, I would call your doctor and explain your symptoms and concerns to
him/her.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline crazilyanxious

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 08:41:11 AM »
I tried that once, a couple weeks ago..he didn't seem to understand what I was saying.  He took it as back pain, when that's not what it is at all.  It's NOT painful, it's just a strange feeling that doesn't seem to want to go away.  It really feels like something is growing in there, I don't know how else to put it.  And when I think of something "growing", my only thought is a tumor.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hohum

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 09:43:14 AM »
Whenever pain is nagging, pulling or "dull ache" and happens only sometimes, you can bet the house on it being muscular.

Your Doctor has seen you and isn't concerned. The pain sounds absolutely muscular from what you describe. Yet, you believe you have this mysterious tumor which is growing all over your body... What are you currently doing to combat your anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: