Ok friends, I need advice...yet again. You all have been so great with me and helping me to logically work through this decision.
I ended up deciding to postpone the scan until March (although I haven't called to do it yet) and that way I can talk to the ENT more about it first.
On Sunday, I started coming down with a cold and like always, it's now stuck in my sinuses
It's progressively getting worse each day though instead of getting better: nose completely blocked - can only relieve it with decongestant spray, nothing else works, constantly watery eyes, and I woke up this morning not being able to hear! My ears are still really plugged, feels like I'm under water.
Before this cold my symptoms were similar but much milder. Constant congestion that feels like up in the ethmoid or sphenoid sinus area, mild nose bleeds, watery eyes, severe sinus pain and pressure, upper teeth pain (confirmed by dentist that it is not tooth related), and ear pressure. My ears were popping every time I swallowed or yawned. But now nothing happens - they just stay plugged!
So....here's my dilemma. Part of me knows this is probably just a cold, but the HA part of me is wondering if this is my fear and it's spreading! Or do I have "IT", and that's why this cold is so severe?! What if my ears stay like this forever? This is driving me insane!
I'm prone to sinus infections and colds, but it has NEVER affected my hearing!!
Do I get the scan now because of this? Do I need to just relax and wait for the cold to run it's course? Do I run to the doctor?
You all probably think I'm crazy, but I feel much safer asking these questions here than to my own family, who I already know think I'm nuts!
Thanks for reading!