Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: frustration with others who dont have fibro  (Read 704 times)

Offline apple43

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
frustration with others who dont have fibro
« on: January 23, 2013, 12:22:30 PM »
I am in pain most days, don't sleep well, suck it up and go on with life because I have no choice as is the case with probably most of us here. 

I don't mean to sound like a jerk or heartless, but does anybody else get annoyed with people who don't have fibro?  If my partner has a slight headache or back ache he acts like it's the end of the world.  He gets so irritable and it drives me crazy bc I am putting on a happy face all the time when I hurt. 

I know he doesn't know what it feels like so I shuoldn't be upset.  Just venting!
Bookmark and Share

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: frustration with others who dont have fibro
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 06:29:05 PM »
I sometimes will not say how I am feeling even though I feel awful because fibromyalgia is the illness that really doesn't make the patient look like they are in pain. I just do as you do and I just suck it up and go on with things unless the pain is beyond control. In the last year I have had to endure headaches that have been ridiculous. I have also had stress that was beyond the norm too. (my mother had two 14 hour emergency heart surgeries and my father had a stroke and so far about 8 cancer surgeries for melanoma). I have manifested the stress in costochondritis and in clenching my teeth so much so that I have migraines and tensions headaches constantly. I am sympathetic to others particularly my husband when he feels under the weather but I still feel like others are judging me when I make a comment about how I feel. I try to keep in inside and not complain especially givne what my parents have been through and the fact taht they do not want outside help but just their children. ( there are 7 of us but only three of us live in the area and one of the local siblings has her hands full with four young children). So it gets exhausting. I have the fibromyalgia and the chronic fatigue and dvt and two and a half years ago I had three kidney stone surgeries in 8 weeks and I have the headaches and the costochondritis. I figure this is what I have to deal with.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: