Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Lexapro 10 mg day 10  (Read 468 times)

Offline kmwondering

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lexapro 10 mg day 10
« on: January 23, 2013, 11:20:46 AM »
So I started at 2.5 for a week, then moved to 5 mg for about another three weeks, then switched to ten. Days one and two on the ten I ha a slight increase in anxiety, days 3-10 I started feeling markedly better, day 11 and now 12 I have had panic attacks despite the benzo I am also on. Panic attacks are actually rare for me. They were a problem many years ago and I developed good coping skills. I go for months without them even when not on Meds. This sound like ramp up anxiety that will pass? It was disconcerting both because of the rarity of them for me normally and because I ha been feeling so well. Any input appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stevo1111

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lexapro 10 mg day 10
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:45:30 PM »
These medications are often somewhat activating in the beginning and may create side effects that feel similar to panic. This has commonly been noted with some anti-depressants. I myself had mistaken this activation - sensation of skin on fire, increased heart rate, general agitation- as an increase in panic when starting Lexapro some time ago. They will certainly pass, for me it took about a month for everything to settle down to where it had been before starting the Lexapro. Once this activation period passes you may likely be blocked from going into panic mode without extreme stimuli, which was the case with me. Lexapro is a good medication if you don't develop intolerable side effects.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kmwondering

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 09:05:15 AM »
The panic attacks have passed. I'm still not feeling as good as I was those few days. I'm anxious, but it is interfering with my daily activities less. I want so badly to feel like I did those few days. I hope it gets back to that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 09:30:00 AM »
I'm a few days ahead of you, with some different circumstances as you know, but I still feel anxious in the morning particularly, and have some other issues like night sweats and waking up in the am and having trouble falling back asleep.  How much is the condition vs the lex (or klonopin) I don't know.   I do find a little bit of klonopin will take the edge off the anxiousness for quite a while when needed, I generally take .5 before sleep only, but that might be too little for right now.  Hope you feel better soon, its a tough journey at times but we will get back to where we were eventually.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kmwondering

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 09:58:24 AM »
Waking up is the worst time for me too. I wake up and my heart is pounding and I'm shaky and just feel awful...usually run to the bathroom too. It's like my body is just too sensitive to that waking jolt of cortisol. I take 7.5 of tranxene as soon as I get up and very rarely need to take any more throughout the day. I take the lexapro before bed and was wondering if taking it in the morning instead would have any effect on that
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 91
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 04:33:40 PM »
I take the lexapro before bed and was wondering if taking it in the morning instead would have any effect on that

There is no general 'right' time to take antidepressant. Many doctors recommend taking them at night with the idea that the patient will sleep through the worst of the chemical side-effects, but it doesn't always pan out that well resulting in restless sleep.

You might do better taking the Lexapro in the morning, but there is no way of knowing other than trying it.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: