Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Guilt  (Read 479 times)

Offline melm

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Guilt
« on: January 17, 2013, 04:44:52 PM »
I am just starting to get a bit of control on my O.C.D/ Intrusive thoughts . However, now I feel so anxious about being anxious. I also feel really guilty that I haven't tried to understand are take action to try to reduce my anxiety before now. Unfortunately, anxiety have ruined many important moments in my life. Has any been anxious about being anxious or felt guilty about having anxiety? What have you done, It's not like anyone wan't to feel anxious or want to feel guilty.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pippy187

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Guilt
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 04:59:36 PM »
I have been in loops of intrusive thoughts and at first I felt very guilty for having them, however after going through therapy and doing some self education.... You're not alone. I journal a lot of my thoughts it seems to de catastrophize (sp) them. You're not alone that is for sure, but we each have a different battle against our OCD. Do you do therapy?
Bookmark and Share
He who fears death cannot enjoy life

My anxiety blog: http://pippy187.wordpress.com/

Offline pinktee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 02:52:12 PM »
Hi melm, i struggle with this too. It gets so bad that it significantly interferes with me getting better. As soon as i start to stick to healthy coping mechanisms and the thoughts decreased, i get so guilty that it was possible to feel better and i didnt do it sooner. That just lowers my mood and leads me to more rumination and intrusive thoughts. Guilt is a hard thing to deal with,
Bookmark and Share

Offline melm

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 08:07:28 PM »
HI,

Thank to both of you for awsner my question this meens alot. Pinktee, I do go to therapy twice a month for a bout a year. The phychologist I am seeing is good at the begining of my therapy she explain to me what ocd and anxiety was. Now we are working on technics and journaling it's good but putting thinks on paper and talking about it sometime makes me feel guilty  or makes me feel like a bad person. Like Pippy 187 said as you start feeling better you feel bad that who didn't take control beforehand. I guess I just have to keep positive. Unfortunately, anxiety and ocd has been hard to accept but I am getting there, I think I need to ecepted to get better. Can I ask you guys how you came to terms with it havinng ocd and anxiety order then journaling. Sometime, I just feel so ashane I know that my thoughts are not logical but  still I can't get them out of my head. For sure I will try journaling everyday maybe that will help (thank you for that idea). Thank you and hope I can help you guys out sometime when you have concerns. Can I also ask my meds you guys are on if any? I am presently on Effexor 37.5 but will be asking my dr. to increase the dose or change meds completly.

Thank you,
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pippy187

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 07:35:49 AM »
Melm,  I came to terms w this knowing that its completely human to have odd thoughts and so many people just have them and just shrug them off.... While someone w OCD we obsess for awhile. I've just outright accepted my diagnosis because it is mine, they're my thoughts and my anxiety and its something I'm not a ashamed of nor should you be.  I think thats a big step in recovering. As for meds... I don't take any, I don't like side effects. My technique for coping is to not break from my daily routine... As hard as it may be I think this is super important, I exercise I read, write and go to therapy x 1/ week.  I still get thoughts often with the guilt, however it is less intense then in the past... And I know it will pass.  Hopefully you find something that works for you.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
He who fears death cannot enjoy life

My anxiety blog: http://pippy187.wordpress.com/

Offline melm

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 09:25:44 PM »

It is great to know that you came came to terms with your thoughts Pippy187 , I think I am slowly getting there. Thank you for all your advice I will definately talk to my phychologist and try to see her 1x week or see her and go to group therapy every second week. Has anyone ever try group therapy? Hopefully one day I won't be as ashamed of my diagnosis, I am just trying to now that I actually have a diagnosis and if I accept it it should get better if I get the proper help and try everything I can to help myself.I just feel like sometime  odd thoughts was going thruth my head at the worts time exp. my now fiance came down to see me after working in another country for a bit, he propose a few days into our visit. What he didn't know is for a couple days my anxiety ocd was uncontrable thoughts of catching aids are some disease was going thrith my head. Now I feel that I and he couldn't enjoy the engagement do to my o.c.d/ anxiety because I just control not my thoughts , I even had a fit the day after. How can you get past this? Does anyone fell like they have ruined or couldn't enjoy great moment of life to it's fullies do to anxiety/ocd?

Anyways that is the momemet I went to get help, I guess I have to give that one to myself. Sorry just looking for a bit of advice and reasurance.

Thank you
Bookmark and Share

Offline MB1702

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 01:00:20 PM »
I can relate on feeling guilty...i mostly feel guilty about what I am worrying about - - like "oh my gosh i feel horrible for even thinking this!" but on the other hand, i know realistically that is not going to help me any. But yes, i get that guilt often too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 08:05:25 AM »
I would try not to be too hard on yourself. The key is that you are doing something about it now and that
is what counts.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: