Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: day 20 zoloft and xanax, but want to not take zanax  (Read 942 times)

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
day 20 zoloft and xanax, but want to not take zanax
« on: January 15, 2013, 05:11:45 AM »
Hi all, need some advice... I've been taking 50 mg of zoloft for 3 weeks now. Also, i've been taking zanax 0.25 mg on and off just once per day for about maybe 5 weeks i would say. In the beginning, my anxiety was pretty bad, and i was taking 2 1/2 of those zanax a day. A couple days inbetween i didn't take it at all. This past week, i've been only taking half of the 0.25 mg zanax just once per day in the morning. I do this because i wake up feeling all shaky and anxious. The zoloft is slowly working, i don't feel as bad as the first 10 days i was on it, i had major increased anxiety during that time period. Now, the anxiety is only in the morning, but each morning does get better. But I feel i have to slowly wean off the zanax, even though it is such a low dose. I don't want to take the zanax, and in the morning, i try to wait a couple hours after i first wake up to see if the shakiness and anxious feelings stop but they don't so then i take the half zanax. I am wondering if it zanax withdrawal i am almost experiencing. I just woke up about 45 minutes ago, was shaky, so i took the half xanax about a half hour ago and now am feeling better. Is this the best way to go off zanax? I will just take half the zanax once per day in the morning for maybe 7 days and then stop altogether hopefully? Is that even possible for your body to rely on such a low dose of zanax after a months' time or do you think it is because i am only on my 20th day of zoloft 50 mg and still adjusting? i don't know why i wake up like this every morning. The first time i was on zoloft for like 10 years i never had this problem.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 125
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: day 20 zoloft and xanax, but want to not take zanax
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 06:46:34 AM »
I don't think it is withdrawal. Even if it is, given the low dose and the length of time you've been taking Xanax daily the symptoms probably won't last for more than a day or two.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: day 20 zoloft and xanax, but want to not take zanax
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 05:14:55 AM »
ok thanks Ian!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: