Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Just curious who works and still deals with anxiety?  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Happy sailing

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Flirty
    Flirty
  • I sought the Lord He delivered me from all my fear
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just curious who works and still deals with anxiety?
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 08:43:19 PM »
AngleLee
I hear you!  Right now I am ot working and I try to get out o the gym and/or some errands most days.
I HATE THIS!! :sick0002:
I also am single and on't have kids... So it is really difficult.  Small town that I moved to a few years ago....lonely...  :P
Do you have a spouse and / or kids at home? 
Bookmark and Share
Wiiliam Shakespeare :       
“Frame thy mind to mirth and merriment, which bars a thousand harms, and lengthens life”

Offline angielee

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 10:06:21 PM »
I do have two boys and a husband he gets home around 8, my kids are a little older so after homework they are playing games,playing outside with other kids, they generally ignore me much of the day lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline Noahs Mom

• Rec's: 12
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 11:04:42 AM »
I'm a telecommuter which has done WONDERS for helping me take control of my anxiety.  However... now that I've been doing this a few years - I'm finding myself thinking, "if something happens when I'm alone working.... would anyone know?"    And of course that brings on anxiety with every little twitch of pain or weird sensation...
But I'm handling it and battling it back!  I know being in the office would be MUCH worse on my anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
"I will prepare and someday my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline josho18

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 11:59:35 PM »
Work is one of the reasons for my anxiety.

I am currently working and anxiety sometimes gets in the way.

Has anyone had to stop work because your illness has affected you greatly?  How did you come to that conclusion?

I ask because I have a stressful job where my decisions and actions has the possibility to injury people.  I'm worried that one day I'll have a panic attack and won't be able to make the right decision at an important time or I might completely snap and do something in a frustrated state that hurts me and/or others around me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lcfrogs

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 05:36:31 AM »
I am not able to work at the moment because of my anxiety. I am on disability. I haven't worked in years; at first it was because of my anorexia but when that got better, the anxiety was still there. I have social anxiety specifically around anything job-related. I go to school but I don't talk to anyone. I would like to work again; I'm working on it in therapy.
Bookmark and Share
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

"Just breathe, it will be okay"- my best friend

<3 LC

Offline AnxiousK24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 08:04:55 PM »
I work in an office for 10 hours a day, sitting in front of a computer. A lot of my anxiety symptoms dont hit until the last few hours of the day, but its always the last few hours around the same time. I have no clue why... Also a lot of it happens around the time I get home too. It sucks having to sit there and start having random freak outs and not being able to do anything about it. Makes me feel like I just wanna quit and go curl up into a ball and hide in the corner somewhere.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sincerelyginger

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 10:42:42 PM »
I work a 40 hour week. It is hard some days ...Getting there is the toughest. Once I get my pace going I am generally ok. I work in the medical field and do direct patient care I find concentrating on them helps. I do have times though when I wonder how I will make it until quitting time
Bookmark and Share
Love and Light

Offline loquitalisa23

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 10:09:13 AM »
I am a teacher and even though I do have moments of panic and anxiety I actually feel better working. My obsessive thoughts, pacing and feeling of panic usually come when i am alone and not sure what to do with myself.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MotionRobot

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 11:32:29 AM »
I'm with pretty much everyone else. I suffer from severe anxiety...If I'm posting on here, it usually means I'm feeling anxious about something LOL...today, for example though, I woke up feeling anxious and shakey. Once I got up, got dressed and got on the train I was already feeling better. Anxiety, at least for me, is always worse when I have time to dwell. I think most people who suffer from anxiety let their thoughts snowball. I do work a full-time job - a stressful one, at that! I'd rather be innundated with work than letting my thoughts ruminate.
Bookmark and Share

Offline morbidmonkey182

• I fear the fear of fearing fear
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 02:39:31 PM »
I think the most positive thing to come from this post is the realization that a distracted mind is a happy one :D
I work as a painter and decorator for a hotel in the lake district (Cumbria UK) its in the middle of no where and is relatively empty during the day. Most of the time I work alone in the hotel and am often left with my own thoughts. Although its a rather physical job it is neither stimulating or challenging. This can often lead to days where I'm a lone in mmy head all day - THIS IS A BAD THING! It's an on going problem I have to deal with at work and although I went through a pretty hectic divorce last year I didn't miss a day. Don't presume this has been easy though :P
The way I manage to deal with my job is to distract myself with other things taht excite me. This may seem a little strange but I have a real passion for wargamming and miniature collecting. This was my escapism. I would plan armies and create stories for my armies whist at work. I would listen to audio books and audio dramas when I could and this genuinely helped! I basically immersed myself into my hobby and this allowed a relief from the constant anxiety I was experiencing. I genuinely believe a hobby u are passionate about (no matter how silly u may think it is) serves as a great way of getting out of worrying patterns. Unfortunately for me however is that I now have a girlfriend and it seems wrong for me to to distract myself with hobbies whilst worrying about me and her (even though there is nothing to worry about) this may sound absurd and illogical (yes even to me) but it's a pattern Im currently trying to break and am struggling with. If I find a solution to that I'll let u all know :D
Take care
Bookmark and Share

Tags: