Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Driving evaluation soon. Feel stupid and anxious about it.  (Read 174 times)

Offline Baldrick

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Driving evaluation soon. Feel stupid and anxious about it.
« on: January 12, 2013, 11:09:31 PM »
OK so sometime in the next few days I will be subjected, yes subjected to a driving evaluation. It is to determine if I get a permanent license or issued another temporary. I'm not a bad driver, but I'm very anxious about this. Mostly because I'm not sure where we'll be going and how this will work. I feel like I will miss some important signs and drive over the speed level, just do badly in general.

Now, if I do I won't lose my license, I'll just get issued another temporary one. So, I'm not sure why I'm so anxious about this  :spineyes:

Any ideas what to do?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Driving evaluation soon. Feel stupid and anxious about it.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 06:00:43 AM »
Stop thinking ahead of time. Take the day as it happens. Remember you won't be losing your license so really it is a win win situation. Just be yourself. Relax. Drive as you normally would. Take it like you are taken a friend on a ride in your car. Don't view the instructor as some kind of enemy. He / she is just another normal person. If you just remember to be yourself you will do fine.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Baldrick

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 06:16:11 PM »
Stop thinking ahead of time. Take the day as it happens. Remember you won't be losing your license so really it is a win win situation. Just be yourself. Relax. Drive as you normally would. Take it like you are taken a friend on a ride in your car. Don't view the instructor as some kind of enemy. He / she is just another normal person. If you just remember to be yourself you will do fine.

Good advice! I've been trying hard to do these things. But I'm an obsessive so it's difficult! Always think about the bad things that could happen.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Baldrick

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 06:30:11 PM »
It's over. I did fine. :) But now I'm obsessing about the "mistakes" I made.  ::)
Any advice on how to do stop obsessing  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline josho18

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 07:30:21 AM »
Congrats! 

It's perfertly normal to think about the 'mistakes'.  It obviously were just minors ones otherwise you would had not got your licence.  Just think of the freedom you have now.

I still look back at the mistakes I made during my exam and laugh.  It's a good thing because you won't make those mistakes again and you are a better driver learning from that experience.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: