Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Need Help and Motivation  (Read 266 times)

Offline Makeitstopplease

• Rec's: 0
  • I will give it all I got and MORE...BRING IT!
    • Poke This Member
Need Help and Motivation
« on: January 12, 2013, 03:55:27 PM »
Hi all,

I have been doing fairly well with my Anxiety, but I need some help and motivation because a few days ago I crashed hard. I have been exercising moderately for the past two months, but when I was doing a warming-up exercise I felt my anxiety hit me and I went into one of those "my blood feels bad and I think I'm going to pass out feelings." (I did eat a meal a few hours prior). After 30 minutes I managed to get it under control, but with heavy legs and a crappy feeling chest. Anyway, I am starting to feel afraid that it will happen again and I need motivation to keep going. I know I have to face my fears, but it's really scary.

Also, I want to run to the doctor's office, but I've been there so much. I've had blood tests done, EKG and an ultrasound on my heart (both in America and Japan) and everything is freaking perfect! WTH!!!! I am just getting tired of dealing with it. My psychologist says I'm doing everything great also. Moreover, meditation only helps to a certain point.

So if anyone can help me or give me a few words, I would be most appreciative .
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need Help and Motivation
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 08:43:46 PM »
Hi,

Well, I have to admit that I hate these bumps in the road but the good news is that you are physically healthy . . . .and the other good news is that deep down you know that this is a process for the long term . . . you were able to move through the panic attack and manage it . . . and, you know what, there is no guarantee that it won't happen again, but you were able to manage it with such a high degree of expertise, you should know that if it does happen again that you have the skills and strength to deal with it . . . and, that is the best tool any of us can have in dealing with anxiety . . . the belief in ourself that we will be able to deal with the anxiety . . . I know that you are getting tired of dealing with it and you probably thought it was "over" because you are doing fairly well . . . please allow reality brain to re-enforce what reality brain knows and your psychologist supports that your inner strength saw you through this anxiety episode and use this episode not to become frustrated, but use the episode as a building block . . . . because of your tests, you know that it is not a physical issue . . . this does not make it any less of an issue, but more of an issue that you have the ability to deal with . . . so keep on using the tools you have and even if they do not work perfectly, keep refining them and keep building your belief system based on reality brain and give yourself some well deserved praise for how you handled the situation and move forward . . . .please let us know how you are doing and thank you for sharing your experience with us . . . if just one of us can manage anxiety despite some bumps, then this gives hope to each and everyone of us . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline Makeitstopplease

• I will give it all I got and MORE...BRING IT!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 10:26:11 PM »
I just got done with my regular exercise that I have been doing and I kicked butt! Thanks for the kind words and for the motivation. It's one step back and two steps forward I guess  :P ! I think a lot of people on this website have that inner strength but find it hard to get it out because of fear and panic and or the pains and feelings that are associated with Anxiety. We just need to keep swimming... :D
Bookmark and Share

Offline angielee

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 11:21:04 PM »
Sounds like your doing awesome, always expect some delays.
 :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 09:10:58 AM »
Dear Makeitstopplease,

Well done . . . you know, it sounds as if you are such a strong personality that you provide all of us with the motivation to continue our personal journeys . . . yes, sometimes it is one step back and two forward but I always remember that the one step back remind me that I am going forward . . . and that the step backwards are not really backwards but opportunities to expand me understanding of my anxiety . . . .I know that this sounds a bit like Pollyanna who saw everything in positive terms, but it works for me if I can reframe even backward steps into terms that look to the present and the future rather than a return to the old days of overwhelming anxiety . . .so, to you, I say congrats and thanks for sharing your experiences . . . . take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kavenchols

Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 08:58:14 PM »
Surround yourself with positive influences. When you feel down and out, itís common to become isolated and not want to be bothered by others.
Bookmark and Share