Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Having some difficulties -- Advice?  (Read 200 times)

Offline deeferlynn

• Rec's: 2
  • Que sera, sera
    • Poke This Member
Having some difficulties -- Advice?
« on: January 12, 2013, 02:02:34 AM »
Hey all,

I've managed to stay positive and feel like I'm making some ground when it comes to anxiety and school. However, today I've had the experience of dealing with the flu. My sister came down with the scratchy throat/ear ache/ body aches and fever today and while I was studying in the library at school, I started feeling a bit under the weather. I remained positive about it knowing that once I had it, my body would start building anitbodies to combat it and build immunity. But then my thoughts got away from me later on because I started worrying about the stomach flu. I can deal with the flu-- the stomach flu, I can't. I'm scared to death to get it because I don't know how to take care of myself as I've never had to do it before and I'm afraid of being alone during it. I keep trying to use positive thinking, as well as disinfecting and handwashing. I'm just scared and it's caused my anxiety to peak, even more. While I was in the middle of a panic attack, I went to check my pulse and found a lump in my neck region. It's most likely swollen lymph nodes fighting off this virus.

I'm slightly worried that if this flu morphs that it would cause me to slip back into not going to class because I didn't want to get sick and that since I had gone to class, that's the reason why I'm sick. Does anyone know how I can work through this? Getting sick and then going to school is my biggest triggers and I don't want this to interfere with my progress I've been working so hard towards in actually overcoming my social anxiety with school.

Thanks
Bookmark and Share
"Just a heads up: 90% of the things you worry about will never happen. 90% of the things that happen will never occurred to you."

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Having some difficulties -- Advice?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 06:44:31 AM »
I think there have been may times i imagined I was coming down with the flu. Only for it to end up as been nothing at all. It can be about keeping your thoughts straight. Should you end up with the flu, there is nothing to suggest it will become something worse. Just make sure to take good care of yourself. Bit of resting up. Plenty of water. Try to not let your thoughts run away on you. Stay in the moment you are at. Which is right here and now. We deal with each thing as it happens. Can't deal with something that hasn't happened yet and might not even happen. Try and keep the head up and stay positive.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: