Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weak heartbeat? Maybe?  (Read 319 times)

Offline TomRainKing

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Weak heartbeat? Maybe?
« on: January 10, 2013, 05:37:13 AM »
It's about 5 am.  I had trouble falling asleep last night as for some reason i couldn't really feel my heart beat in my chest when i laid down to sleep.  It's such a wierd feeling, and not really common to my attacks.  I finally slept, from about 230 - 430, but awoke with basically the same feeling and have been freakkng out since...with the classic "i can't get a relieving deep breath" feeling.  It's so hard to describe.  I have high blood pressure and my family has a history of heart disease so that tends to be a factor when i panic...this is just new though.  I'm on 5mg of lexapro day 8.  I know that 5mg is not a big dose at all but my attacks or anxiety just feels different since i started it.  I'm scheduled to up it to 10 tomorrow.  I've tried breathing slowly and deep but that kinda makes me freak out even worse.  Pulse rate doesnt seem high at all.  Anyone have anything similiar happen to them?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weak heartbeat? Maybe?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 06:08:35 AM »
Like a good lot of people do, I think you have answered your own question. You are aware of your heart. It is on your mind. So the more focus you give it the worse the problem will become. The whole idea is to try and take your focus off of your heart. When we are resting the heat rate can slow down. Unless we are in a mad panic. We have an active heart rate and a resting heart rate. A good resting heart rate can be very low. Simply means you are realxed. Which you may not feel you are. I am sure the medication will take time to get fully used to. But if you have think it is a major problem please consult your doctor.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline TomRainKing

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 06:25:28 AM »
I just feel like maybe i've had more anxiety since i started the lexapro.  I had a terrible day saturday, like 6 straight hours of me not sitting down and trying to calm down.  This past night was just different that what i've experienced in the past too.  Gonna talk to my doctor.  Anyone else have a similiar reaction?
Bookmark and Share

Offline ScaredSarah

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 05:17:13 PM »
I am always obsessing over my heart, and the more i obsess over it the more I feel it beat "weird".. if you think it is the prozac then definitely talk to your doctor, Zoloft is making me feel not so great myself.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tryingnottorelax

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 08:26:45 PM »
Try eating more high potassium foods or taking a supplement of potassium.  If you take the supplement, take potassium gluconate.  It is best in powdered form.  Now Foods makes a good powdered form.  With the powdered form you can take more of it.  Don't take potassium chloride form since you don't need the chloride and can mess things up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AnxietyJoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 11:51:29 AM »
Normal heart rates for a person without any heart problems is between 60-100 for anyone  for those who have arrhythmia "irregular" heart beats. The range is between 50-100
Bookmark and Share

Tags: