Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: new here!  (Read 113 times)

Offline aih2012

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
new here!
« on: January 03, 2013, 11:01:51 AM »
Hello, I'm new here and I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a 22 year old college graduate with a bachelor of science in psychology, happily married, and have two beautiful little boys. I also have severe anxiety issues. It all started after the birth of my second son 8 weeks ago.

I've always been a hypochondriac, but it has gotten so much worse since the birth of my second boy. I am always worried and anxious about everything- their health, my health, my husband's health. I am always worried I'm going to die in some kind of freak accident, or my kids or husband. I have diagnosed myself with at least 4 severe medical conditions in the past 8 weeks. The first one was postpartum cardiomyopathy. I started having a few palpitations after I had my baby and immediately looked it up and diagnosed myself with it. This "diagnosis" probably lasted a good 5 weeks. I spent my days researching cardiomyopathy and wondering who would take care of my kids during the day if I died. The next thing I diagnosed myself with was pulmonary hypertension. It's a long story of why I diagnosed myself with it but this diagnosis went on for a couple of weeks, overlapping my postpartum cardiomyopathy diagnosis. My other diagnosis was kidney failure. I always have elevated blood pressure when I go to the doctors because I have extreme anxiety and discomfort at the doctors (but bp is always fine at home...), and the doctor noted my blood pressure was a bit higher than normal. So I googled possible causes and found that kidney failure could lead to high blood pressure. Yeah, so this went on for a few days, not too long. I got myself a home blood pressure monitor and every time I use it, it has been 112/64 which is perfect. And the latest and greatest medical condition I have diagnosed myself as of yesterday has been a brain tumor. I have these random stabbing pains in my head that started yesterday. I also have been feeling a bit dizzy at random times but don't know if it's due to something serious or the depo provera birth control shot I'm on. For now I'll stick with the most serious thing- the brain tumor. This morning I have been researching craniotomies, brain biopsies, and other things like that. My anxiety level is through the roof.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: new here!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 03:02:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.

All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags:

anything