Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Is this due to anxiety?  (Read 1074 times)

Offline slj2012

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is this due to anxiety?
« on: January 03, 2013, 07:53:22 AM »
I am experiencing a lot of aches and pains especially on my left side (chest, neck and back) As well as this I am finding that something in my windpipe or that area doesn't feel rite..i get a kind of burning or airy feeling hard to explain. Also I am finding it hard to burp..it comes so far and then gets stuck. Sometimes when I try and burp I am almost sick.

Can anxiety really cause so many things that feel like major problems?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this due to anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 06:46:25 AM »
You would be amazed at what anxiety can cause. Everything you desribed and much more besides. There used to be a list of anxiety symptoms posted somewhere on the forum. It numbered well over 100. Different things different people felt. For some people it can be hard to believe it only anxiety doing this to them. But if you are ever really worried, please consult a doctor. They are the experts. We can only go on how we ourselves may have felt over the years of our anxiety. But people differ. But you feel, others might not feel at all. Hence the list of symptoms is so large.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Tauntaun

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 01:40:40 PM »
acid reflux  (that can be brought on by anxiety) can cause those same symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline heartsong

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 05:12:01 PM »
The pain sounds like me when I'm stressed. I get a lot of pain in my back and neck caused by tension from stress and not sleeping or sitting right.

What you're saying with your throat could be acid reflux. That's kind of what I was feeling before my doctor told that he didn't think I was sick but it sounded like acid reflux. I also got pain in my chest that I blamed on my asthma, as I hadn't been feeling well in months, or anxiety. I started feeling better within days of taking medicine. You might talk to your doctor or just try taking a round of over the counter heartburn medicine. I've taken Prilosec in the past when I've had stress induced acid reflux before and it's helped.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Betsy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 01:29:02 AM »
Sounds a lot like acid reflux to me, but GERD and anxiety can be very closely linked. Anxiety can cause GERD, and, in my case, GERD can cause anxiety. It's kind of a vicious circle.

Try talking to your doctor about the symptoms of GERD. Some of them should definitely ring a bell-weird feeling in your throat, for sure. Often, I wake up with a dry/sore throat and think I'm getting sick, but then I remember that I had heartburn the night before and that the sore throat is just GERD. Trapped gas can also cause pain in your back, chest, and abdominal area.

Luckily, GERD can often be treated fairly easily. And once you recognize that that may be the problem, you won't be so worried about anxiety. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kattykat

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 04:15:49 AM »
I experience so many different symptoms I wouldn't be surprised if you symptoms are stemming from your anxiety. I have been hospitalized for throwing up for days on end only to have a full blown panic attack and be given Valium to calm me and all my symptoms went away for one hour. That's when they realized it was all anxiety they thought it was my gall bladder.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: