Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: feeling so guilty  (Read 294 times)

Offline thgbawb529

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
feeling so guilty
« on: January 02, 2013, 08:30:39 PM »
My anxiety has been coming back again lately, at least now I know what's going on but I still have trouble coping with it. It's given me other issues on the side; I feel guilty over stupid things like sleeping in, eating chocolate or other kinds of sweets, and others. I also just generally feel like a freak and I feel guilty for that too. Sometimes I feel unsafe in my own mind because I'm scared that I'm crazy and have weird thoughts. I guess I kind of beat myself up inside because I want to do everything perfect and extraordinary but I'm not that special really. Anxiety has really hit my self esteem. Thoughts? And how do you overcome high anxiety moments?
Bookmark and Share

Offline trend900

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: feeling so guilty
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 10:12:55 PM »
Don't bother trying to find perfection. You will never find it.  ;D

And regarding your "weird thoughts" and your fears that maybe you're crazy... think this for a minute:

Crazy people think THEY'RE Normal!! They think their behavior is normal, that nothing is wrong!! Just the fact that you think you may be crazy is the very proof that you're not  :P

Regarding your unhealthy habits... im reading (Listening, actually) an audiobook that will be useful to you, is this: http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=sr_1_1?asin=B007C64916&qid=1357182521&sr=1-1

The name is "The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business". on your next stop at the library, try to check it
Bookmark and Share

Offline cheeseflavoredpudding

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Anxiety is part of creativity, the need to get som
    • Poke This Member
Re: feeling so guilty
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 09:10:57 PM »
The guilt that you feel is just another form of anxiety. When our minds are idle, anxiety will naturally find something for us to worry about. I have also experienced the guilty feeling that you described. You are not crazy, you are far from it. In fact, anxiety only happens to people with high functioning brains, which means that you are probably a smartypants :) If you feel guilty about what you do, try telling someone. I find that it helps me and gives me a feeling that I have gotten something off my chest. Even just saying it out loud can help you rationalize things. Best wishes!
Bookmark and Share
:)

Tags: