Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: I had my first panic attack.....?  (Read 176 times)

Offline jamie177

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I had my first panic attack.....?
« on: January 01, 2013, 10:28:41 PM »

I've always been a very anxious person and have had mild anxiety, never been on any medication. A little about myself, I am 31 years old, have 2 kids with my husband, ages 4 and 5, I just started working again a year ago and have a very busy life. Anyways, I was in Vegas 3 days ago having sushi with a group of 10 people when I got light headed and dizzy, told my husband I needed a taxi and wanted to go back to the room. That taxi ride was the worst ride of my life, I thought I was having a heart attack, couldn't breath, my entire body was tingling, my tongue was all weird. Pretty much I went straight to the ER, worst place to ever go in Vegas, a million people waiting to see a doc. They did an EKG on me and said go sit in the waiting room, meanwhile I think that I am dying because I couldn't breath. Long story short, some lady come up to me and said your having a panic attack and calmed me down, took the next flight home. I saw my doctor yesterday and she said it was a panic attack. Ever since I have this tight feeling around my chest and I just feel weird. What is going on with me?? I'm I always going to get this now? How come this feeling in my chest wont go away, feel like my heart is about to jump out. A couple times since I've been back, my heart starts to race and I just practice the breathing until it goes away
Bookmark and Share

Offline angelmouse

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I had my first panic attack.....?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 03:46:10 PM »
I get that too. I think it's worrying that the panic attack is going to come back. It's best to do what you're doing and concentrate on breathing. I once worried so much about having a panic attack, that I actually had one. Have you had any since it first happened?
Bookmark and Share

Offline jamie177

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 10:50:28 PM »
Not an actual panic attack, but I get my heart skipping beats and I quickly start to do the breathing and it goes away.  But the chest feeling still persists and it's hard for me to sleep when I have a nervous feeling in my chest.  When will this feeling go away???
Bookmark and Share

Offline jamie177

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 10:58:06 PM »
Also, I sleep with the chest feeling and wake up with it after 8 hours of full sleep, why do I wake up with the nervous feeling?? Was yours the same way?
Bookmark and Share

Offline angelmouse

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 04:04:53 AM »
I seem to have those permanently, I think there just palpitations. I asked my doctor about it and he said not to worry about them and they should lessen as time goes on. But I get them as soon as I get into bed, and about an hour after waking. I find keeping busy is the best way to stop them.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jamie177

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 12:57:45 PM »
Mines feels like someone is sitting on my chest, all day everyday!!! It's so annoying, I can't even sleep with this feeling in my chest.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: