Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: hello; all shiny and new here!  (Read 121 times)

Offline Pollystardust

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
hello; all shiny and new here!
« on: December 27, 2012, 10:16:17 PM »
Hello everyone   :action-smiley-065:I am brand new to the site and sharing some of my "craziness :spineyes:" with others for the 1st time (most people haven't a clue).....I have developed the following phobias in the past 2 years:  having local and spinal anesthesia, elevators, heights (an older one for me), and the one that I'm really upset with: driving alone.  It has really limited my life over the past 2 yrs and I just started seeing a therapist because I decided it was time to try like all hell to break out of this.  This phobias (except for heights) have come to be with me because of the panic disorder I have developed (I had attacks in all these situations, then started to dread and avoid them, and so they progressed into phobias).  So I have panic disorder with agoraphobia with specific phobias.
There it's out   :-* I confessed....

I am a nurse (licensed but currently not working), an artist (almost completed a BFA  several years back, currently I create nothing), and a mother of 3: a 4 yr old boy and 6 month old twin daughters.  I'm 33 and would love to get my problems under control so I can drive freely again, go back to working as a nurse part-time, be a better parent, and start trying to have a social life again.  This disorder has seemed to reach in and touch all aspects of my life.  I've become so lonely because I don't know anyone who can relate to it , plus I've only told my father and boyfriend.  They understand a little bit, but not really much about it. My closest friends are now hr.s away (I recently moved) and don't know near the full extent of my anxiety. I have, bit by bit, pushed them anyway because of my problems.  It's always been hard for me to ask anyone for help for anything, my upbringing made me very independent and avoidant of possible rejection.

I really desire to talk to anyone reading this whom can relate.  I'm really glad to of stumbled upon this site and hope it's helpful...
Bookmark and Share
nil desperandum

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: hello; all shiny and new here!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 06:10:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags:

anything