Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I'm not alone!  (Read 103 times)

Offline Squitzo

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm not alone!
« on: December 27, 2012, 09:03:49 PM »
New here :action-smiley-065:

I just found this site late last night while staying up at panicking for no good reason. I was diagnosed with GAD about 6 months ago when I turned 30 after a series of heart palpitations, trouble breathing, etc. - mostly caused by work stress, home stress and skeletons in the closet that have come out in therapy. I've been going to therapy for a year now for depression-like symptoms (which turned out to be a serious of major anxiety attacks about to happen), working on it with CBT (trying anyhow), taking Prozac for about 6 months now and take Xanax whenever I feel an attack coming on. I can't say I'm making fantastic progress but I'm assuming it takes time.

My wife is pretty supportive but I've been pretty private about it with friends worrying of their reactions so I'm hoping this forum might help me realize I'm not alone! I think I'm really hoping to come to terms with myself more than have other people come to terms with me  :-*
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm not alone!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 06:11:01 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline cooterbites

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Life's a garden, dig it.
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm not alone!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 04:53:26 PM »
 :action-smiley-065: Hello. I'm new too and I hope you find what you're looking for here. I'm also in therapy and honestly its not an easy thing to go through. Good luck. It gets better.
Bookmark and Share
Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to play in the rain.

Tags: