Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Am I going crazy?  (Read 654 times)

Offline AnxiousK24

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Am I going crazy?
« on: December 27, 2012, 12:25:20 AM »
You know when you have a panic attack and you feel un-real? Or like when your drunk or tipsy and you feel light headed or dizzy? I've been feeling like that all day.. It just feels like one long panic attack... I've had things similar like this happen before but this feeling is freaking me out. Been feeling like this for about several hours.

I've also been feeling really tired and lethargic... I wen to the doctors about a week ago and they are running some blood tests but I have yet to hear back from them about the results. They think its stress but regardless of that I feel like I have this terrible obsession with worrying. Whether it be rational or irrational I feel like someone who worries about everything and anything non stop.

Crazy thing though, among all the stress related symptoms I have.. whether they be physical symptoms or psychological... when I start drinking, my mind focuses away from my racing, fearful mind... and all my symptoms go away.

Any input on this?

Bookmark and Share

Offline Evap

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Am I going crazy?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 01:02:48 AM »
Sounds perfectly normal to me! Derealisation is a huge issue for my anxiety. When my mind goes off wandering about my physical anxiety symptoms, it's like I "fade" out of reality and into the state of mind you're talking about. You're not going crazy; your mind is just busy. Just go with it and you'll be fine. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline AnxiousK24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 04:51:52 AM »
Well that's good to hear I'm not the only one. I don't have much experience with this phenomenon.  I just got my blood results back for the doctors who ran multiple blood tests for any abnormalities and said everything was good and where it should be. It's quite reassuring but for some reason I don't feel completely relieved and satisfied. I keep thinking maybe they missed something and why do I still have these other symptoms they can't explain? 

The past 2 days I've had this very very faint head ache that won't go away. I know I'm dehydrated because I've been drinking and the skin around my mouth and lips keeps getting chapped and dry but its kinda freaking me out. Guess ill just add this to my list of new symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephconn

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 07:52:35 AM »
What you are feeling is exactly what pushed me over the edge to finally seek medical help. I had been dealing with constant anxiety and panic for years, but when I couldn't shake the depersonalization, I had to be put on medication. It was just too scary for me to deal with on my own. I am in week two of Prozac, and I can feel the unreal feelings going away. Just know, you're not going crazy. Anxiety and panic will make you feel that way, but you're not. Stay strong, and I hope you get to feeling better!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Peterjr

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 08:00:36 AM »
This is a very common symptom with Anxiety. I felt like that for about 3 months at one time. I was in a complete surreal state, this was to do with also, lack of sleep. Anxiety sufferers usually have very interrupted sleep patterns, and sleep behaviour without even realizing it, after long periods of anxiety this can be a major factor in the way you feel, and your equilibrium (Balance) Also when feeling this way Anxiety sufferers tend to concentrate all their energy on the way they are feeling and analyse it 24-7, this can also have an effect on the way you think you are feeling. The lack of energy is because it actually takes allot of energy to cope with anxiety, it's that simple, however exercise is good, energy creates energy, and it release chemicals that make you happier (That's a fact) 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pippy187

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 12:11:07 AM »
So I have had a bad bought of disrealization the last few days... sort of floating through, questioning reality when I know it's real... It is so energy consuming, but you must remain vigilant and know it will not last forever. You will pull out of the hole and you'll notice the symptoms lessen.  But being in the hole... its a horrid feeling and seems never ending.. at least mine feels like that at times... I always get the feeling like I will go crazy and lose control during these times as well.  But I try and combat those symptoms and feelings I know they will only last a certain period of time
Bookmark and Share
He who fears death cannot enjoy life

My anxiety blog: http://pippy187.wordpress.com/

Offline tacogoblin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 01:40:14 AM »
I used to get depersonalization really badly. I would think "Oh my god... there is something wrong with me, I'm going crazy.." or I would freak out thinking I was somehow on drugs. I haven't experienced this that badly in a long time..maybe 2 years or so.. so keep in mind that it WILL go away. I found that once i stopped thinking about getting depersonalization it sort of went away. Now that I don't focus on it or fear it, it doesn't come. Minimize it! It can't control you or hurt you and there is NOTHING wrong with you. Just a symptom of anxiety
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hlf

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 03:22:35 AM »
you are never alone in this battle and you never will be again.

I'm new myself and I've been living with Agoraphobia since I've 13 and now I'm 43 lol and the reason I'm lol is because I can help you and Panic attakcs are horrible and I fully understand them and how to get rid of them or the process of them, for instance, if you feel a panic attack coming on. stop what your doing and do not smoke a cigarette, drink any cola, eat chocolates, just get a glass of water and try to focus on something funny that you see, I know it sounds like no way this is going to happen, but try it in the comfort of your home if you have them.

My point to this is that when you focus on something the cycle of the panic attack will go away and your not feeding it and meaning that is this, when you panic and you keep on thinking about it more and more you feed it. it always has a peek to reach then it comes back down and do your breathing closed eyes and really think hard on anything that makes you happy, for me it's nature a waterfall, the sounds of summer with birds chirping in the back ground. anything that make you go to that special place, that no one can ever take away from you cause those are your memories.
I hope I've given you a little bit of hope as I am trying myself and trust me you are not alone as we are 7 Billion living on this earth, you'd be surprised at how many ppl like us are like that and we are not crazy we are not mental or derraged. we have a Chemical Embalance and that's what it all comes down to it and to talk to your Doctors to find you the right medications and don't be affraid to take or try them cause they will help you so much more then you think.
I'm always here to listen and talk as you can see I love to talk lol and bring back laughter and having fun even going through this, it is Possible and keep the faith and pray to God for his Help as well and if your not a relegious person, that's o.k. 2 I know I am and it truly helps me but I'm not pushing anything at all on you with this and I hope your not going to feel that way cause I'm a fun loving caring person that likes to help people with my exp and hope it can help you in any ways. thanks for reading this long story and sorry about that lol til next time may you feel better soon
Bookmark and Share

Offline HaileyAnn

• Wallflower
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Breathe.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 07:45:03 PM »
Depersonalization is a HUGE issue for me. Before I knew I had anxiety, I just called it "getting detached", because that's what it felt like. Like I suddenly wasn't part of reality. As far as I know, it's a completely normal symptom.
Bookmark and Share
Grateful to be a little boat, full of water, still floating.

Offline Pippy187

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 01:27:34 AM »
I think dispersonalization / disrealization is the worse feeling ever.... At time I look at myself and wonder if I'm real.  Then my anxiety spirals out and I think I have early onset Alzheimer's ***** 30.... It drives me mad sometimes.
Bookmark and Share
He who fears death cannot enjoy life

My anxiety blog: http://pippy187.wordpress.com/

Offline cutecat25

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 03:52:37 AM »
Derealisation is my worst anxiety symptom, i have had it practically everyday since last march. sometimes i feel physically unreal but most of the time i have existental thoughts about rrality etc. im so scared im the only one who has had this constantly for so long :(
Bookmark and Share
Check out my Anxiety And Depression Youtube Channel:

http://youtu.be/yohg_juVlZg

Offline HaileyAnn

• Wallflower
    Exhausted
  • Breathe.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 09:54:20 PM »
Derealisation is my worst anxiety symptom, i have had it practically everyday since last march. sometimes i feel physically unreal but most of the time i have existental thoughts about rrality etc. im so scared im the only one who has had this constantly for so long :(
That's horrible :( But it isn't just you. I know many people who have had it for long periods of time, trust me. You aren't alone. My depersonalization/ derealization is weird in that it only comes every few weeks, for a burst of a few hours or a day- but it's SO strong. It's like getting beat down over the head with it, and usually I end up curled on the floor wondering what just happened.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cutecat25

Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 01:45:36 AM »
I guess any form of dp/ dr is horrible. Sorry yours gets so strong every few weeks :(
Still worried this will hold me back from my dreams..
Bookmark and Share

Offline HaileyAnn

• Wallflower
    Exhausted
  • Breathe.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 10:09:54 PM »
I guess any form of dp/ dr is horrible. Sorry yours gets so strong every few weeks :(
Still worried this will hold me back from my dreams..
I don't think it will hold you back. Not if you don't let it. I think you'll be just fine. <3
Bookmark and Share

Offline cutecat25

Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 02:42:19 AM »
Thanks HaileyAnn, lets hope by the end if 2013 we have it more under control :) xox
Bookmark and Share

Tags: