Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New and looking for support.  (Read 174 times)

Online mistyschanfish

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New and looking for support.
« on: December 25, 2012, 02:49:42 AM »
I'll start by telling a little about my self. In 2011 I lost 5 family members. 3 of which I seen die in very tramatic way. I tried cpr and everything I could to save them but was unable. Since then I started having panic attacks. At the time I was certain they were heart attacks. I've been to every er over the last 14 months more then 10 times each. I've spent my entire savings on drs and test to only find out there all normal. I'm seeing a therapist and working on Cbt. I'm just still in denial. I think I'm going to be the exception to the rule and actually die from anxiety.  So far I've been diagnosed with Gerds,  vertigo and costochondritis. I have daily chest pain and dizzy and off balance spells. I always expect the worst to happen. Everyday I fear that it might be my last.

Just looking for support and maybe advice to overcome this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SuzyParker

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New and looking for support.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 06:56:10 AM »
Hello.. my prayers are with you and I totally understand.  I, too, lost all of my family in a few year span and that was many, many years ago and it still hurts.  First off, don't feel guilty, any MD will tell you if someone has a bad enough situation, they can be in a hospital with MDs around them, and they cannot be saved.. sadly, that is the mechanics of the human body.  But, please.. you are here, you are here to survive, and you shall survive.   If you have meds, please take them, find a good p-doc or counselor and you can always come on board here.   All of us understand the dread and doom and awful feelings anxiety causes.  I, personally, understand the heartbreak of loss in a short span of time (and I'm sure many others here do, too).   God be with you.  Suzy Parker
Bookmark and Share

Offline Happy sailing

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Flirty
    Flirty
  • I sought the Lord He delivered me from all my fear
    • Poke This Member
Re: New and looking for support.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 10:07:58 PM »
Hello,
SUZY-  I am a Christian as well and REALLY appreciate your posts!  I also find A LOT of my comfort through my relationship with God.
MISTY- I am SO sorry for your loss and struggles.  Suzy is right.  My anxiety issues started this year.  Although I think a number of things over the last number of years have contributed to my current status, my sister was hit by a car and died at he beginning of this year.  Basically when the symptoms of my anxiety really started. It seems to me, trauma is definitely one of he main/major triggers.  A number of my other family members also died this year.  However, she was the closest one to me.
I pray you find comfort and hope and peace.
BLESSiNGS to both of you.
Hugs!  ;D
Bookmark and Share
Wiiliam Shakespeare :       
“Frame thy mind to mirth and merriment, which bars a thousand harms, and lengthens life”

Tags: