Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: constant panic for 2 weeks  (Read 450 times)

Offline want to be healthy

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
constant panic for 2 weeks
« on: December 19, 2012, 02:38:52 PM »
Hi, im new here. Ok my story is i always had panic attacks. I was on a number of meds most recently celexa 40 mgs. I know it stopped working but i wanted to wait a few months to see how well i can control myself. So 2 weeks ago, i started to be in a constant state of panic. I try to go to    work, do things to take my mind off it and its not working. I cant sleep or eat and lost 10 lbs. My med dr works only 1 day a week and he didnt call me back. He has no back up dr. So i went to my normal dr. She gave me kolpins tell my med dr comes back. He wont be back for 3 weeks since he is on vacation for the holidays! Called my normal dr if she can switch me back to lexapro and she refused. Am i supposed to suffer for 3 weeks? I keep thinking i will have to be put in a mental ward, like something snapped and made me feel this horrible! I have never felt this bad in my life! Anyone have any advice? I have 2 kids and feel horrible i am ruining christmas for them.
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 94
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: constant panic for 2 weeks
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »
She gave me kolpins tell my med dr comes back. He wont be back for 3 weeks since he is on vacation for the holidays!

Is the Klonopin (clonazepam) not working?

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline want to be healthy

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 07:07:44 PM »
She gave me .5 mg, take once a day and one at night to sleep if needed. I hate taking themknowing how addicting they can be. I only take one a day and i have not need one to help me sleep yet. It works, but not continously. I take one at the same time everyday.
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 94
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 11:46:53 PM »
She gave me .5 mg, take once a day and one at night to sleep if needed. I hate taking themknowing how addicting they can be.

They aren't addictive, but you will become dependent on them after several weeks of taking them daily, just as you became dependent on Celexa and will again become if you take it again. In both cases you will need to wean off the drugs slowly to minimize withdrawal effects. OTOH, aspirin can become truly addictive if abused: Hirschowitz BI, 1998.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: