Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Now I am stressing about....  (Read 531 times)

Offline ivyt73

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Now I am stressing about....
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 08:35:04 PM »
Just an update,
I retested my thyroid this week and it went down to 4.95 so now I had to up my dose to the 25mcgs.  The doc understood why I only took the half and agreed to go to the 25 and test again in six weeks.  I have been doing fine on the half a pill but now I am worried about upping the dose and the side effects....sigh. 

I took the 25 this morning and have been depressed and anxious about it all day.  I could use some encouragement and sharing of your experiences with synthroid.

thanks,
Ivy
Bookmark and Share

Offline gcalex

• Rec's: 46
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 08:41:04 PM »
As I posted before, there are a LOT of people who have studied thyroid who place no faith at all in TSH.  Personally I would study up on that before just going off your TSH.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ivyt73

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 08:53:20 AM »
gcalex, yes I agree and I have studied up on the actual thyroid hormones.  Mine are all on the lower side of normal but my Free T# Uptake actually dropped to officially low according to the lab.  The problem is the doctor scares you in to medicating based on the TSH and that is where I am.  I am not saying that I disagree with taking the medication , the problem is I am medphobic and I was just looking for a little reassurance about the med itself.

Thanks so much for responding.

Ivy
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything