Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: How long your "bad" anxiety periods last?  (Read 374 times)

Offline pauk21

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How long your "bad" anxiety periods last?
« on: December 08, 2012, 07:52:58 AM »
I just wanna know when you are in bad phase when anxiety and HA and all kind of stuuf hits you for how long it lasts with you? I had a bad period in the beggining of the year, that last for months, then after I was ok whole summer, and now since the half of september I m in so bad phase, in cycle of anxiety, symptoms, obsessing about them and all other things. So its now for more then 3 months since I m in very bad anxiety. I Go to my psychiatrist, and therapist and so, I m talking medcs for a month and a half (fluoxetine and diazepam), it helps a little but I m still anxious.

so for how long bad periods lasts for you? and whats your symptoms physical and emotional?
Bookmark and Share
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference...

Offline alexthegreat98

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How long your "bad" anxiety periods last?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 11:59:49 AM »
The bad spells happen for a couple of weeks. Buzzing, twitching, pain, palpatations (going through it right now), but then it will clear for a few weeks, and life will go back to normal.

It all really sucks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 12:53:36 PM »
I think this is a question that doesn't have a "pat" answer.  I've had periods of anxiety that last hours to well over a year (symptoms).  I think alot has to do with how you manage your anxiety.  Doing nothing but obsessing over it will only contribute to making it worse.  Doing something about it, either with therapy, CBT, exercise, meds, alternative methods, etc. will definitely help to abate it.

Then, there are times, like I had, where it lasted over a year ..... I had to do some deep down searching and therapy to see what was going on and really amp up on my other ways to manage it.  It eventually went away, but it was pretty frustrating, knowing that I was doing so much to work it out and it kept on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bretagn3

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 04:10:25 PM »
About 2 weeks, to a month and my good days are very few in between.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BellaLuna

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 04:21:38 PM »
I agree with Linda .. My bad spells with anxiety can last from an afternoon to months at a time. It's very up and down for me, with bad and OK days. I very rarely have a really good day because for years now I feel the anxiety all the time (from severe to lurking mildly in the background). It's like a never get a break from it, but I'm trying to learn to live with the anxiety for now instead of fighting it all the time.
Bookmark and Share
"Panic is a sudden desertion of us, and a going over to the enemy of our imagination". ~Christian Nevell Bovee

Offline Cattia

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 04:25:12 PM »
Mine tend to last months, but during that time there are peaks when it gets really intense and hard to handle. I have had periods of years with virtually no anxiety and periods where it is there most of the time for ages. I have had it for well over 15 years, and probably in one form or another since childhood.
Bookmark and Share

Offline calleycopley1

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 05:58:58 PM »
My anxiety and HA was mangable up until about mid year and now its just been terrible. I have good days and bad days. It sometimes depends on mood, I've noticed that when I am overly happy my anxiety and HA take a back seat, however when I am depressed or down (hungover, as alcohol is a depressent) they are alot worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline pauk21

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 06:23:16 PM »
Nice replies guys, yeah I know that there is bad and good days, even in  "bad" periods, I separated them roufly to bad and good phases, cause for me its like that, I m happy, fine, dont bother with symptoms or little anxiety, or OCD. But then, usually after some stress, or period that exausts me physicly and mentally I start the circle of anxiety and fears and obsessions, no matter of medcs or CBT, it all helped, but this thing strikes always when when you dont work on yourself. If you manage to CBt, plus do some sport, plus meditation, or yoga or stuff like that, then it can be ok. But this modern way of living where nobody waits to you to resolve your mental issues simply doesnt give you enough time to do all things to prevent all this, sometimes there isnt enogh time to do that much on ourslfs. Or maybe just I cant do enough...
Bookmark and Share
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference...

Offline gouldbergvariations

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 01:25:17 AM »
Longest was 9 months, and now I am currently fighting a 2monther.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: