Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello to all  (Read 126 times)

Offline GuinepSeed

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello to all
« on: December 04, 2012, 02:16:46 AM »
Hi everyone,

I have been a frequent visitor to AnxietyZone for the best part of about 6 months, and it is all due to my recent diagnosis of GAD. For me it all started about a month after my 28th birthday in 2011. I was on the way home from work and stopped at a local Target to pick up some groceries in order to make a salad when I arrived home; sadly I never did due to what I thought was a heart attack, but turned out to be "nothing", as the ER doctor said. I have visited many doctors over the past year but only my current doctor ever listened. She diagnosed me with GAD and recommended that I see a therapist. She also prescribed 10mg Buspirone in order to take the edge off when I feel panicked.

It has been a long and arduous journey in the world of GAD. Every time I get some reprieve and feel as if things are getting better my racing heart reminds me at night that my GAD is alive and well. I have done just about everything to combat this disorder but nothing seems to work for any length of time. At this point I have begun to accept my life with GAD and that has made things somewhat better. The racing heart, body numbness, tension headaches, muscle spasms, head-fog, and all the scary stuff is just a part of a normal day for me.

Thank you to everyone that posts here also, as reading about others like myself really helps to bring me down when I am in full panic mode.

Yours truly,
Fellow Sufferer
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello to all
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 06:07:50 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. Good chatroom too. For live chat and help. 3 posts to enter the room. Enjoy the forum. We are always here for support. Remember, no matter how hard things may seem, there is always a road back.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: