Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: TMI. Ladies only.  (Read 390 times)

Offline always-anxious

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
TMI. Ladies only.
« on: December 03, 2012, 10:07:38 PM »
It has been a while since I've even logged on here. Everything has been going so great, it seems like my HA is certainly much less severe than it was before. Of course every now and then I have my moments; concern about my heart rate, or silly worries that I use to have on a regular basis. But I avoided the internet, and worked through it on my own. But currently I am dealing with something I'm not sure how to handle.

Yes, I did google. Which was supposed to make me feel better but it made me feel worse.

It is that lovely time of the month we females deal with, and I was walking around with my friends a lot Saturday. I was wearing a pad, not a tampon, and I wasn't exactly given the opportunity to change it for several hours. Mid walk, I started feeling the wings of the pad sort of scraping uncomfortably against my leg. I tried to adjust it as best I could and keep walking. So when I finally got to a restroom, I got to change and I noticed what almost looked like a skin tag along my bikini line. It's right where my panties stop along the thigh, and it hurts when it's rubbed against.

My concern of course is some sort of serious cyst on my inner thigh. It's smaller than a pea, and it doesn't seem to have a head which makes me think it's not a boil.. There had been no pain and no noticeable bump until that night, so I'm trying to convince myself that the chafing is the cause.

One of my friends had MRSA a few months back, and I'm freaked out. I'm trying to remain calm and rational about the situation but it just seems so strange to me. It is now two days after noticing this, and it hasn't gone away. I don't know if anyone will have a similar experience, or even understand what I'm talking about.. I'm just a little on edge.
Bookmark and Share
"When you accept change, let go, and free yourself from fear of the unknown, you will begin to see your life as an exciting adventure."

Offline Happy

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: TMI. Ladies only.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 10:22:25 PM »
I would just watch it.  Start putting some neosporin or bacitracin on it a couple times a day and it should heal up just fine.  If you're in an immense amount of pain it could be mrsa but even if it is its super treatable with antibiotics.  Just give it a few days.  Two of my kids have had mrsa and trust me you'll definitely know if that's it because the pain and swelling get bad pretty quickly.  I think it'll be fine:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline always-anxious

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 10:27:00 PM »
It hurt most Saturday, and the pain has certainly decreased since then.. And since I've never had MRSA I have no idea what I'm even looking for, honestly. Lumps and bumps bother me the most. Thank you :) I feel a bit better.. I just hope that it starts getting better, I don't want it to get any worse.
Bookmark and Share
"When you accept change, let go, and free yourself from fear of the unknown, you will begin to see your life as an exciting adventure."

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 10:51:11 PM »
I've had MRSA 3 times - it's highly treatable, so please don't believe the horror stories on the Internet.

You might not even have it - could be a simple boil or just an infected pimple.

Typically, MRSA sites appear to be a pimple and very often have a pinpoint dark head on the top of it.  They will eventually get read around the site and yes, it's painful.  You will know it's not a normal pimple or something like that.

Dab with rubbing alcohol to keep it clean.
Bookmark and Share

Offline always-anxious

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 12:29:04 AM »
Three times? That must have been a bit terrifying.. Thank you for that, that's good to know.

Currently the spot seems to be decreasing in size. It is red around it, the skin is dry and almost flaky. There isn't exactly a head per se but there seems to be a dark line through the middle of it.. maybe like when a cut heals over or something. I don't know. It's weird, and I have no idea what I'm looking for.

Does MRSA hurt constantly? Because my pain is simply when I'm walking and my panty line rubs against it. Anxiety is the worst.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marieS1107

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 07:44:49 AM »
It could be something as simple as an irritated ingrown hair, I get those a lot. In fact I have one under y armpit as we speak and I can't even put deoderant on it hurts. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I know how that is! Lol last month I freaked out because my leg haired ant growing as fast as it normally does and then I thought about it and I was like hmm maybe not such a bad thing! Lol it's funny that when were better equipped to deal with it after a while that we can laugh at ourselves when it's all over!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: