Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Nightime Panic Attacks  (Read 798 times)

Offline Happy sailing

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Flirty
    Flirty
  • I sought the Lord He delivered me from all my fear
    • Poke This Member
Re: Nightime Panic Attacks
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 08:52:45 PM »
Hereismyusername...

I am sort of hijacking this a little...
I noticed that with your meds, you said A LOT of prayer!
I am with you.  I get frustrated though.
Also, I noticed on one of your other posts, you said you get frustrated too with the worries about illnesses, and get to the point of "whatever...ok then!"
do you ever have concerns around it getting worse or being something worse?
Congrats on the baby!
Hugs!
Bookmark and Share
Wiiliam Shakespeare :       
“Frame thy mind to mirth and merriment, which bars a thousand harms, and lengthens life”

Offline NitaC_20

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 10:12:08 PM »
having the same problem right now. the mornings are good, afternoons are hard, and night time is horrible. tonight fell asleep for 1 hour and awoke in panic. all kinds of terrible feelings.

That sounds exactly like me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline silvermage2000

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 01:07:15 PM »
Hi Nita I hope you feel better. Are you seeing a countsuler or have someone to talk to I find that can be helpful. Also I know it may be hard but try to find something else to get your mind on on like a tv show or something. And mabe possibly something soothing to you like herbal or decaf tea or a bubble bath etc. And my family is a big help to me to.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Twinhere

• Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 12:30:00 AM »
Worst 2 months of my life. Seemed like i never slept. I had to go to the ER a few times to get my sleep back. Was all drugged up on ativan. I still worry about sleep now, but it has gotten a lot better. I was prescribed klonipin and have been taking it like 2 months. Been tapering on my own. Down to a quarter a mg a night. Any who, i know benzos are addicting so if you go that route it will help at first, but i wouldn't take it long term. I've only had panic and anxiety for 4 months and I'm so thankful for sleep again.... Scary stuff
Bookmark and Share

Offline NitaC_20

• Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 12:56:32 AM »
Hi Nita I hope you feel better. Are you seeing a countsuler or have someone to talk to I find that can be helpful. Also I know it may be hard but try to find something else to get your mind on on like a tv show or something. And mabe possibly something soothing to you like herbal or decaf tea or a bubble bath etc. And my family is a big help to me to.

Thank you. I had been putting off seeing a therapist because the thought of it scared me but I will be seeing one in a couple of weeks and hope I can get some relief from this. I will try the tea, I have heard its great before bedtime. My family is also a big help to me as well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tacogoblin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 01:30:33 AM »
Hi! Sorry to hear about your sleeping problems.. I have been there somewhat and I know how hard it is. Try some herbal teas...Sleepy Time teas are great... they sell one with valerian root in it that really can just help you get right to sleep. For a while when I started college I wouldn't be able to sleep at all through the nights because of anxiety and what I found was helpful was some techniques my therapist taught me. This is my favorite one and it always helps me feel calm and relaxes my whole body. Breath in through your nose slowly for five seconds, hold the air in your lungs for five seconds, and slowly breath out through your mouth for about ten seconds until all the air is out. Hold your lungs empty for five seconds before breathing, then take a normal breath and repeat until you feel calm. I find about five times does the trick for me, plus a cup of the sleepytime tea--especially the ones with Valerian Root will help you out.

I know how hard this is--anxiety SUCKS...especially when it interferes with sleeping..
Bookmark and Share

Offline NitaC_20

• Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 03:31:30 PM »
Hi! Sorry to hear about your sleeping problems.. I have been there somewhat and I know how hard it is. Try some herbal teas...Sleepy Time teas are great... they sell one with valerian root in it that really can just help you get right to sleep. For a while when I started college I wouldn't be able to sleep at all through the nights because of anxiety and what I found was helpful was some techniques my therapist taught me. This is my favorite one and it always helps me feel calm and relaxes my whole body. Breath in through your nose slowly for five seconds, hold the air in your lungs for five seconds, and slowly breath out through your mouth for about ten seconds until all the air is out. Hold your lungs empty for five seconds before breathing, then take a normal breath and repeat until you feel calm. I find about five times does the trick for me, plus a cup of the sleepytime tea--especially the ones with Valerian Root will help you out.

I know how hard this is--anxiety SUCKS...especially when it interferes with sleeping..

I will try that breathing technique, whenever I get anxious I feel like I can't breathe. Thank you! 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: