Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So overwhelmed right now :(  (Read 293 times)

Offline deeferlynn

• Rec's: 2
  • Que sera, sera
    • Poke This Member
So overwhelmed right now :(
« on: December 01, 2012, 04:51:04 AM »
Hey all,

I've been stressed out as of late because of school and my mom's surgery (it went well btw. We're just waiting for her check-up in January. They sent away the polyp, though the doctor says that it's 99.9% not cancerous)

So anyways, I've been keeping on things with school. Or so I thought. I signed up with Student Disabilities and was able to write my exams in a separate room. I needed to sign up for this and I thought that I had until the week before the exam. Well it turns out, that when I went to sign up, the deadline had already passed. And now I have to write the exams with the class. Apparently there's no special treatment if you missed the deadline. Which I can handle, I just told my profs at the beginning of the year that I was writing the exam at Student Disabilities. So now I don't know what to do. I'm freaking out because what if I show up and the professor doesn't have an exam for me? I should probably write an email, but because I'm an idiot, I've been avoiding checking my email because you know, what if something bad is in the email? ie. In particular, an email from this jerk-off prof I've been avoiding all semester-- but have done the work. I feel like I've gotten myself into a huge pickle by avoiding, and while I know that it could be much worse, I'm beyond irrational right now thanks to this major bout of insomnia that has been plaguing me the past couple of weeks.

Can someone offer some words of encouragement or advice, because I feel in this state right now-- exhaustion, stressed, heightened anxiety and panic-- that I may allow fear to grab hold and do something stupid. Like avoid the exams altogether. And I've been doing so well this semester. I don't want to mess this up.
Bookmark and Share
"Just a heads up: 90% of the things you worry about will never happen. 90% of the things that happen will never occurred to you."

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: So overwhelmed right now :(
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 06:19:55 AM »
It is a situation that can be sorted out with notice to those who teach you that you will be sitting the exam with the rest of the class. Don't worry about the dude you can't stand. He is there to teach you. So he will have to accept the fact that you are doing the exam with the rest of the class. But don't leave it until it is too late. Do it as soon as you can. So there can be no excuses made up by anybody. All it takes is a bit of communication and the whole thing will be sorted out. if you don't like this one teacher, maybe go through another teacher. One you do like. Have her / him talk to the one you don't like. But it is a situation that can be easily sorted out.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: