Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So scared... Someone help!  (Read 475 times)

Offline lovely260

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So scared... Someone help!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 07:47:01 PM »
Someone help. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hton24

• ~hypo~
  • Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 08:06:48 PM »
Its your anxiety.... Not rabies......the more u think about the symptoms the more symptoms you'll feel...relax you're fine
Bookmark and Share

Offline gcalex

• Rec's: 46
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 08:48:52 PM »
You aren't listening, but that's ok.  You need to be able to do this for yourself.  If you run to the internet for reassurance every time you have a symptom you are just getting a fix and prolonging your problem and you will just move on to the next symptom and next feared disease.  You know this.  Read my thread called My advice I put most of what I know about how to beat this disorder into it and maybe some of it will resonate with you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lovely260

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 08:55:28 PM »
I knowww. I just keep coming up with crazy ideas that maybe the owners found the dog in the streets amd took it in with rabies. And ok, ill see it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gcalex

• Rec's: 46
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 08:57:24 PM »
You are not going to get better or feel better until you start challenging those ideas.  The ball is in your court. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 07:17:10 AM »
I  am  THRILLED :jumping0009: with ALL of gcalex posts on this thread.    YEP very very important information for any and all peeps that are letting their faulty thinking taking them to Catastrophicville...

AND, urgh, just about any peep posting about rabies are in Catastrophicville listening to the loons that run the place.  In other words absent REAL evidence that one has been near a rabid animal (walking in the woods and a racoon attacked them or one was in a cave and bats landed on them and BIT them) your thoughts are illogical and irrational and you'd be better off seeing a therapist and taking proactive steps (and we know what those steps are even though they aren't easy and take time  :yes: :winking0008:) rather than sitting around entertaining a whole host of  ":dazed: what if" scenarios.  JUST because you have a "fear thought" doesn't mean you have to give it any credence.  ANXIETY LIES
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: