Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Zoloft- muscle aches?  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Beth0810

• Rec's: 50
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Incessantly pursued by the Insane Clown Posse.
    • Poke This Member
Zoloft- muscle aches?
« on: November 29, 2012, 08:07:47 AM »
I've been on zoloft many times.  This time, I have started with a teeny baby dose.  Shaving off bits of a 50 mg pill and my goal is to get up to my usual therapeutic dose of 25 mg.  I only ever have needed that amount, in all the years I have taken it.  I seem to be very sensitive to ssri's. 

I have noticed in the past couple of days that I have muscle aches.  Nothing awful, just feels like I worked out all day or something.  It's not constant, and it's only when I move.  I have not had this experience when starting zoloft before, so I am wondering if anyone knows if this is normal. 

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share
"We do not think ourselves into new ways of living, we live ourselves into new ways of thinking."  -Richard Rohr

Offline insights

• Rec's: 135
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Zoloft- muscle aches?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 07:34:42 PM »
so I am wondering if anyone knows if this is normal. 

While I'm not convinced that what sounds like a tiny dose could cause this side-effect, it is possible. If it persists for more than a week or two consult your doctor. Specifically, have your electrolyte levels checked.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Beth0810

• Rec's: 50
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Incessantly pursued by the Insane Clown Posse.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 08:15:26 PM »
I'm super sensitive to ssri's, so I think it's possible.  Is this a fairly normal side effect of going on ssri's? 
Bookmark and Share
"We do not think ourselves into new ways of living, we live ourselves into new ways of thinking."  -Richard Rohr

Offline insights

• Rec's: 135
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 10:26:33 PM »
Is this a fairly normal side effect of going on ssri's?

It isn't a particularly common one, but it occurs from time to time with most antidepressants. If you've taken Zoloft in the past you may get different side-effects this time and they may be stronger.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: