Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: My Dr. gave me Vistaril and Lexapro for GAD  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Hizzarp

• Impartial Spectator
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Impartial Spectator
    • Poke This Member
My Dr. gave me Vistaril and Lexapro for GAD
« on: November 28, 2012, 02:01:34 PM »
After waiting almost 2 months I finally was able to see my therapist today.  He prescribed Vistaril and Lexapro for my GAD.  I have never taken anything for my GAD and didn't know I even had it until this last year.  Have any of you had experience with either or both of these medications??  I have read a lot of articles on both of them, but I value the opinions of those who have actual experience with these medications and no hidden agenda.  My Dr told me to take the Lexapro everyday and the Vistaril should be taken on an "as needed" basis.  I  would love any feedback, thoughts, experiences, or advice you guys have for me.  I pray this works....i am so tired of feeling like my head is in a cloud and being stressed out and uncomfortable for no reason.  Thank you guys for taking the time to read this:) 
Bookmark and Share
“The rarest of all human qualities is consistency.”  -- Jeremy Bentham

Offline stevo1111

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My Dr. gave me Vistaril and Lexapro for GAD
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 12:44:32 PM »
Since no one else has chimed in, I'll give my feedback on the two. My experience with lexapro was overall positive. It helped me get over a time in my life where I was having panic attacks often. I took it for about 3 months and after the initial bumps of starting I lived normally and was able to travel and be productive.

I also have Vistril on an as needed basis and have taken it a few times. I need to dose around 75-100mg to feed a solid reduction in anxiety if I'm really wound up and at that level it puts me to sleep. It's very good for abating a panic or calming down after a stressful period. Also, it's good to take when flying as it is sedating, anti-anxiety and amazing for motion sickness. I take 25mg every 3-4hrs when flying and feel slightly calmer and avoid airplane headaches.

Best of luck, the Lexapro should do you good if you give it due time. Even if not, don't grow discouraged, there are nearly as many medications as there are types of people.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: