Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I want things to be how they used to be  (Read 514 times)

Offline rmg

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I want things to be how they used to be
« on: November 27, 2012, 05:08:27 AM »
 I used to go out with friends all the time and drink and not worry about a thing in the world (maybe took that too far at times). I got really sick at one point and developed a horrible case of OCD (ive always had it but not this bad) and I haven't been out with friends at night since may. Not even for my 21st birthday in October. I've become too scared to go out at night and drink because I fear I'll get a massive panic attack or something bad will happen or I'll see people who I don't want to see. I even think about times where something bad couldve happened when I've been out and seriously could not believe how I put myself in that situation even though I was having fun and not caring about anything at the time. I want to feel normal again even if I did have OCD at the time I barely even noticed it. Now I can't even leave  the house or even as something as small as turning on my ps3 with out having a panic attack its horrible. I got to a point where I deleted my 0409 and 0248  because I kept getting anxiety and I couldn't take it anymore, I still haven't gotten either back because i get anxious even thinking about it. All my friends think I've disappeared or I'm avoiding them all but it's really not the case. I just want to be how I used to be :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jake360

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I want things to be how they used to be
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 01:42:27 PM »
I know how you feel. My OCD got horrible after I made a life transition trying to move out. Things got bad to the point where I had to move back home and this last year I went through a tough break up. I obsess about all the possible that might happen if I go out and try to live a normal, productive life. I worry about seeing my ex with her new guy, I worry about seeing friends and getting the old "why have you been MIA, where have you been. I hate to lie but my ego is to big to be honest and say im suffering from OCD and other anxiety issues to people who I believe can't understand. All I can say is you aren't alone. I've had OCD on turning my xbox on and off. thinking the on Light will be on all night and itll be broken. Then another source of freedom from obsession will be taken. Im working with this nasty overactive brain thing too, but we can cope with and overcome it my friend! Meds might help, but exercise and meditation will also definitely help. Also in my opinion before jumping into meds, try some nootropic supplements. They are like brain vitamins. Google nootropics (onnit.com has one called New Mood) its a natural serotonin boosting powerhouse, and for us who suffer with severe anxiety we lack serotonin. Good luck my friend, you aren't alone. My first steps to recovering from my OCD and anxiety issues besides what I've already said (and im still in the process) 1st book - Brain Lock - Free Yourself from Obsessive-Compulsive Behavior by Jeffrey M. Schwartz, The OCD Workbook 3rd edition Your guide to breaking free form Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder by Bruce M. Hyman and Cherry Pedrick, and the Anxiety and Phobia workbook 4th edition by Edmund J. Bourne. These tools will catapult you in the right direction, but it will come down to your willingness to really beat and habituate the anxiety in this thing. I know how much it sucks which is why I truly want to type everything I can. Another common way is cognitive behavioral therapy with or without medications or supplements. Good luck man, you aren't alone
Bookmark and Share

Offline rmg

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 05:23:18 AM »
thanks for the reply dude i'll check out the books and the serotonin boosting vitamins. have you tried 5-htp? I've been taking st johns wort but im not sure how much it is actually helping. i can relate a lot about seeing an ex with a new dude or having to tell every single person about why you haven't been around in a while etc. im not sure how i can deal, no one will understand. i have cancelled out on seeing friends so many times im pretty sure they're all getting over me now. i want to get back into having a faceb account or 0248 but i get SO much anxiety even thinking about it. i hope we can overcome this man i would say it's good to know im not alone but at the same time i wish no one else had to go through so much anxiety all the time like we do. good luck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rmg

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 05:33:06 AM »
seriously cannot take ocd anymore. i feel like i've wasted this entire year. i dont know what to do anymore 
Bookmark and Share

Offline EclecticJoe

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 10:10:49 AM »
I can feel your pain. I have been battling OCD fear of self harm or going crazy for the past eight months. Have made improvements but I am so sick of my OCD trying to talk myself into being depressed. Eight months ago I was the happiest dude around, had no worries and loved life. Then this bout hit.

These forums are good in that we can talk about stuff and work through it. Hang in there.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rmg

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 02:35:01 AM »
it is the absolute worst. i cannot believe this year is nearly over i dont think i've accomplished anything this year whatsoever because everytime im onto something good or start feeling better my ocd just completely weighs me down or blocks me from doing anything - eg going out with friends, buying new clothes or things, leaving my house etc. hope you're ok and we can both recover soon and get back to living happier lives!
Bookmark and Share

Offline rmg

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 02:36:39 AM »
ive started taking inositol so hopefully this helps even if it's only a bit
Bookmark and Share

Offline EclecticJoe

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text