Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Annual executive check-ups  (Read 181 times)

Offline Noid

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Annual executive check-ups
« on: November 26, 2012, 06:43:50 AM »
Here in Manila where I'm from, some of the finest hospitals offer annual executive check-up packages. Afterall, many of those from the Western World do come here for cheaper but excellent quality healthcare as with medical tourism.

Anyway, my wife works for Coca Cola and they do have their annual executive check-up which is also the same. The package includes blood tests, stress tests, barium emema, mammogram (for women) and so on.

I'm wondering if there are similar packages in The United States / Canada or in Europe. And honestly for those who are hypochondriacs, better have these exams.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Annual executive check-ups
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 07:43:32 AM »
There are also executive check-ups in the USA. No medical exam is full proof. For example, I have a
friend who is an internist/cardiologist and he said that stress tests only pick up large blockages in
your coronary arteries (typically 70% or so blocked or more). Many coronary events are caused by
inflammation and many people who have heart attacks have normal cholesterol levels.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Online sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 205
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 07:49:11 AM »
some companies offer check-ups on their dime.  However I'm leary of letting the company do that because the company may then have access to my medical records.  This is something I don't want.

NOW our health insurance covers such annual visits.  Actually our insurance will cover just about anything as long as a doctor has medical justification for it. 

I am of the mind that one should not go running to the doctor for every twitch/ache/pain.  I do believe people should have annual med exams and med tests that the doc finds a medical reason for.  In my case:  I go to the dentist 2x a year for check-ups.  I go to my GP for the annual check-up that includes bloodwork.  I see my gyno for my annual pap and then have my annual mammo.

Obviously check-ups are not fool-proof.  Little in life is.  However it is prudent to have annual workups.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline colls22

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 02:10:46 AM »
I belong to a private healthcare facility in Canada that offers just that. The yearly exam lasts about four hours. Very expensive but very thorough. Comes under great scrutiny though, as most doctors feel that all the testing is unreasonable and too invasive. I like it. Of course.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: